RivaTuner V2.24 Overclocking Settings Resetting Themselves?

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
Hi,

I'm running my 8800GTX with Nvidia driver version 196.21 and RivaTuner V2.24 after a fresh installation of Windows XP, my Shader Clock speed adjustments are missing! Did I bump my head and come to a world where Shader Overclocking doesn't exist? What happened to the RivaTuner I had come to appreciate.

Thanks,
Systemlord.

Solution
I found this awhile back when I had the same problem, probably over a year ago but it just happened again and I somehow managed to find the solution myself by looking through the program. You just have to go into the Power User tab, then go down to RivaTuner\Nvidia\Overclocking... or whatever card you have I guess. Then make sure to right click on DisableMemClkResetProtection and click on the yellow lightbulb. This will give it a value of 1 and now the sliders won't reset. Hope this helps anyone on google who searches because I think this thread has been the top response on google for this problem for awhile. I'll post my own thread since most people won't think to click on the second page to find the solution.

white4lfe

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
Not a solution post :-/ sorry but i too have downloaded rivatuner v2.24 and i noticed there wasnt a shader bar but i couldnt even change my core speed or it wouldnt apply and stay after clicking ok. Keep me posted if this isnt our fault. :D

Edit: I have a gtx 260 factory overclocked if this makes any difference

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006

Same here, after I click apply and close I see it going back to default clocks! :??:
What in the world do people use to OC the cards?

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006

I have successfully maintained a stable two plus year overclock of 651MHz Core, 1525MHz Shader and 2100MHz Memory on my EVGA 8800 GTX. How has RivaTuner changed in the last two years? I wasn't able to overclock the above OC numbers with any other OC utility, I need to flash my Bios with the overclock mentioned above, this way I don't need an overclocking utility.

Thanks for the reply,
Systemlord.

JonDumela

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
I found this awhile back when I had the same problem, probably over a year ago but it just happened again and I somehow managed to find the solution myself by looking through the program. You just have to go into the Power User tab, then go down to RivaTuner\Nvidia\Overclocking... or whatever card you have I guess. Then make sure to right click on DisableMemClkResetProtection and click on the yellow lightbulb. This will give it a value of 1 and now the sliders won't reset. Hope this helps anyone on google who searches because I think this thread has been the top response on google for this problem for awhile. I'll post my own thread since most people won't think to click on the second page to find the solution.

Solution

JonDumela

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
For awhile my computer kept crashing with the blue screen of death, and I thought it was from me trying to overclock since I'd never done it before. I found out that overclocking had nothing to do with it, it was actually the type of device I was using to connect to the internet, it's called pluglink. Its a little black square thing with an interent dsl cord you plug into your computer, then you just plug it up to a socket and it runs your interent connection through the electrical wiring in your house. THESE ARE TERRIBLE DEVICES, DO NOT USE THEM! It was cutting out our TV service and killing my PC and we couldn't figure it out for months until we finally got a good service guy from AT&T Uverse to come out and fix it.

After testing both MSI Afterburner and Riva Tuner I'd say they both have their strong and weak points. Right now I have them both installed and if you look at MSI Afterburner it says powered by RivaTuner, so isn't it ok to have them both installed? Since they do interact with each other I don't see why there would be a problem, if you're absolutely sure that there is a problem with it please state so here and please do tell where you get the info from, thank you.