I have an ASUS P5Q motherboard and want to hookup my front panel audio so I can use a headset with mic. The cable has the following female end plugs: 1. MIC VCC 2. GND 3. MIC DATA 4. EAR L white wire 5. EAR L black wire 6. EAR R red wire 7. EAR R black wire. Where do they attached to the MB?
Help will be greatly appreciated.
Check your manual for the Legacy AC'97 pin layout. I would try:
1. MIC VCC to MICPWR (pin 3)
2. GND to AGND (pin 2)
3. MIC DATA to MIC2 (pin 1)
What's confusing is that you have 4 wires for the headset.
4. EAR L white wire to Line out_L (pin 9)
5. EAR L black wire - only one ground is available; you'll have to leave it disconnected or connected to a NC pin
6. EAR R red wire to Line out_R (pin 5)
7. EAR R black wire - again, only one ground is available; you'll have to leave it disconnected or connected to a NC pin
You might have to enable multiple sources in the drivers configuration.
If you need more info, please provide complete info about your FPA. Most FPA have 2 plugs: one for HD audio and one for AC'97. Yours is somewhat unique since it has a bunch of wires.