Sign in with
Your question

Front panel audio problems

Last response: in Systems
November 13, 2008 6:15:55 PM

I recently posted a new thread asking for advise on a new case because of the front panel and cooling issues I was having with my old one.

After hearing the advice I decided to buy a Cosmos 1000 and my temps are down more than 20 degrees but I still have the same front panel audio problem as before.

My front panel headphone jacks output a lot of static and noise. The sound changes when I move my mouse or move and resize windows.

I have had this problem with two different Lian Li cases and now the Cosmos 1000 but I do not have the problem with a Silverstone SST-FP32 3.5" front panel bay.

Back when I first discovered the problem I thought it was a problem with my motherboard so I had it RMAed but the problem was not resolved.

Since then I have also replaced my graphics card and power supply yet the problem remains.

I have no idea what is causing this problem and I am hoping somebody here might know how to solve this annoying issue.
November 13, 2008 6:54:08 PM

Are the front jacks wiring real close or laying on any parts,maybe causing interference?
November 13, 2008 9:55:51 PM

Yes the wire passes very close to my tv tuner but the problem is still there even when I remove my tuner.
Related resources
November 14, 2008 12:21:18 AM

What kind of mb or soundcard??
November 14, 2008 1:39:28 AM

Intel DP35DP integrated sound.
!