Sims 2:Ghost...

I had this sim's wife die of old age,and the husband was getting
close.Before his death,I figured out he could meditate.While
meditating,the ghost of his wife appeared.I'm wondering if meditating
has anything to do with ghosts coming out...
Munch.
14 answers Last reply
More about sims ghost

    "munch simmons" <hibbasimmons@webtv.net> wrote in message
    > I had this sim's wife die of old age,and the husband was getting
    > close.Before his death,I figured out he could meditate.While
    > meditating,the ghost of his wife appeared.I'm wondering if meditating
    > has anything to do with ghosts coming out...
    > Munch.

    No.

    black market halo wrote:

    > "munch simmons" <hibbasimmons@webtv.net> wrote in message
    > > I had this sim's wife die of old age,and the husband
    > > was getting close.Before his death,I figured out he
    > > could meditate.While meditating,the ghost of his wife
    > > appeared.I'm wondering if meditating has anything to do
    > > with ghosts coming out... Munch.
    > No.

    Yes. I've seen it before. There's a definite link between
    meditating and the appearance of ghosts, but as to exactly how...
    Some weird formula, no doubt.

    T.

    "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
    > black market halo wrote:
    >
    > > "munch simmons" <hibbasimmons@webtv.net> wrote in message
    > > > I had this sim's wife die of old age,and the husband
    > > > was getting close.Before his death,I figured out he
    > > > could meditate.While meditating,the ghost of his wife
    > > > appeared.I'm wondering if meditating has anything to do
    > > > with ghosts coming out... Munch.
    > > No.
    >
    > Yes. I've seen it before. There's a definite link between
    > meditating and the appearance of ghosts, but as to exactly how...
    > Some weird formula, no doubt.

    Ghost come out regardless. All you need is a tombstone, or urn.

    Taemon wrote:Yes. I've seen it before. There's a definite link between
    meditating and the appearance of ghosts, but as to exactly how... Some
    weird formula, no doubt.

    I have a theory that if a sims meditates in the same room as the
    urn/tombstone,there is a better chance of the ghost coming out.Just a
    theory,though.Maybe if the ghost loved the meditating sim,there is a
    good chance of it coming out,also?
    Munch.

    munch simmons wrote:
    >>Yes. I've seen it before. There's a definite link between
    >> meditating and the appearance of ghosts, but as to exactly how... Some
    >> weird formula, no doubt.
    >
    > I have a theory that if a sims meditates in the same room as the
    > urn/tombstone,there is a better chance of the ghost coming out.Just a
    > theory,though.Maybe if the ghost loved the meditating sim,there is a
    > good chance of it coming out,also?

    I can back that up. I had only seen Darleen (think thats her name)
    Dreamer's ghost once then I told Darren to meditate outside by mistake, the
    action went green, he went outside, then I canceled it before he actually
    started. Her ghost now comes out every night without fail. It may be the
    meditation or it may be the fact that Darren's new wife (who Darleen hates)
    dropped a sprog on the same day.

    black market halo wrote:

    > "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
    > > black market halo wrote:
    > > > "munch simmons" <hibbasimmons@webtv.net> wrote in
    > > > message
    > > > No.
    > > Yes. I've seen it before. There's a definite link
    > > between meditating and the appearance of ghosts, but as
    > > to exactly how... Some weird formula, no doubt.
    > Ghost come out regardless. All you need is a tombstone,
    > or urn.

    Meditation makes them come out sooner.

    > black market halo wrote:
    >
    > > "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
    > > > Yes. I've seen it before. There's a definite link
    > > > between meditating and the appearance of ghosts, but as
    > > > to exactly how... Some weird formula, no doubt.
    > > Ghost come out regardless. All you need is a tombstone,
    > > or urn.
    >
    > Meditation makes them come out sooner.

    Kinda like a séance?

    black market halo wrote:

    > "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
    > > black market halo wrote:
    > > > "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
    > > > Ghost come out regardless. All you need is a
    > > > tombstone, or urn.
    > > Meditation makes them come out sooner.
    > Kinda like a séance?

    Kinda, yes. I had a house with a tombstone and two living sims.
    The ghost didn't show up until one of them started meditating.
    Then she stayed :-) The meditating sim died (later) and the
    ghost disappeared for a few days.

    > black market halo wrote:
    >
    > > "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
    > > > Meditation makes them come out sooner.
    > > Kinda like a séance?
    >
    > Kinda, yes. I had a house with a tombstone and two living sims.
    > The ghost didn't show up until one of them started meditating.
    > Then she stayed :-) The meditating sim died (later) and the
    > ghost disappeared for a few days.

    Damn this game. Just when you think you know everything about it.

    black market halo wrote:

    > > > Kinda like a séance?
    > > Kinda, yes. I had a house with a tombstone and two
    > > living sims. The ghost didn't show up until one of them
    > > started meditating. Then she stayed :-) The meditating
    > > sim died (later) and the ghost disappeared for a few
    > > days.
    > Damn this game. Just when you think you know everything
    > about it.

    Are you sure you belong here? Because, if you were a true
    Usenetter, you would now be screaming at me and cursing me for
    spouting such blatant lies. Instead you just say "Hey, you're
    right". Amazing! There is hope for humankind yet ;-)

    > > > Kinda, yes. I had a house with a tombstone and two
    > > > living sims. The ghost didn't show up until one of them
    > > > started meditating. Then she stayed :-) The meditating
    > > > sim died (later) and the ghost disappeared for a few
    > > > days.
    > > Damn this game. Just when you think you know everything
    > > about it.
    >
    > Are you sure you belong here? Because, if you were a true
    > Usenetter, you would now be screaming at me and cursing me for
    > spouting such blatant lies. Instead you just say "Hey, you're
    > right". Amazing! There is hope for humankind yet ;-)

    I never take myself too seriously. I do take an occasional poke at someone
    though.

    By the way,does having a lot of sims over at night have anything to do
    with ghosts coming out?I had a party,and one of my ghosts came
    out.Scared the birthday boy...
    Munch.

    Am Tue, 25 Jan 2005 17:38:42 -0800 schrieb munch simmons:

    > By the way,does having a lot of sims over at night have anything to do
    > with ghosts coming out?I had a party,and one of my ghosts came
    > out.Scared the birthday boy...
    > Munch.

    I think it has to do with the ghosts feeling forgotten. One of my
    families has 3 tombstones now and I set up one family member each day
    to mourn each grave, and there are no ghosts. Before that, the mother
    would come out each night to wake her daughter-in-law and spook her,
    the poor woman... didn't get enough sleep and wet herself with fright!

    Dorte
  14. yeah, any relationship with a dead wife's/husband's spouse will make the ghost mad. This si extreamly dangorous if the ghost died of electric shock or fire because the ghost may set the house on fire. if you don't know or remember why the ghost died, check the color.

    Gray: old age

    Pink: scared to death

    orange: hunger

    yellow: electric