Sign in with
Your question

Problem in my computer

Last response: in Overclocking
March 16, 2010 9:23:12 AM

Hello,
i wanted to overclock my ram.
i read a few reviews after which i decided to overclock my ram.

i went to bios setup in main i was able to see my ram details it was given 2028Mb 533Mhz ram

then in another menu where there was several other options like burnin mode ect i went and chaned memory frequency to 677. after which i saved and exit

after i restarted my pc my cpu runs but i dont see anything in my
moniter!!!!

pls help me i came to my nearest broadband center to ask my question.

More about : problem computer

a b } Memory
a b K Overclocking
March 16, 2010 9:28:32 AM

Your overclock was too aggressive for your modules.

It isn't that easy to simply change the frequency and expect your RAM to work. It's like the CPU. If you want to find the best clock speed for your RAM, do it slowly. Try adding 5-10 MHz to the clock and see if it works. Do it until you start receiving errors.

To get your computer up and running again, just clear the CMOS memory. When your computer is off, push the CMOS reset switch if you have one. Otherwise, remove the CMOS battery. It's a small button cell battery. Wait for around 1-2 minutes then put it back in.

On a side note, I suggest you don't overclock RAM at all. The performance benefits are minimal at best.
m
l
March 16, 2010 9:31:40 AM

where is this Cmos battery
m
l
Related resources
March 16, 2010 9:32:20 AM

and i did not overclock it it was on my friends computer anyway thx
m
l
a b } Memory
a b K Overclocking
March 16, 2010 9:32:28 AM

It's on the motherboard. Open your CPU case and look for it.
m
l
March 16, 2010 9:34:26 AM

and should i switch on my computer and wait for 1-2 min or off it and wait
m
l
March 16, 2010 9:35:03 AM

no i wanted to know how does it look
m
l
March 16, 2010 9:38:03 AM

i found it thx a lot and it fixed my problem
m
l
a b } Memory
a b K Overclocking
March 16, 2010 9:39:04 AM

It's a battery. The kind of battery you see in watches.

As I said before, it's on your motherboard. I said open your CPU case. Don't turn on the computer. Take out the battery, wait for 1-2 minutes, then put it back on.
m
l
March 16, 2010 9:55:50 AM

ahhhh

it did not work even then
m
l
March 16, 2010 5:16:56 PM

there are also a jumper for resetting CMOS, look it up in your mobo manual. basically you turn off the computer, switch the jumper to reset, pull the CMOS battery (you can also hold down the power button to discharge capacitors), put the battery back in, switch the jumper back, then power the PC back up.

Also not when we say turn off the PC you should turn off the power supply switch at the back and unplug the power supply
m
l
March 17, 2010 12:40:12 AM

still no use he still gets the blank screen
m
l
!