D3d9.dll

neiru

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
I have windows xp which I know comes automatically with a directx 8.1 version. I tried to download skype and the latest yahoo messenger but was unable because of above (d3d9.dll). I tried to download the latest version of directx but it told me that it was not compatible with my version of windows. Not sure what I should do. I will buy Windows 7 but not anytime soon.

neiru

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011

Thanks for the help. Yes, it was fixed after installing some updates. The computer is a new home build and I was using an old windows xp os. Once I installed the many updates it was fine. Am a newb...learned something new keeping it in the memory banks.

ce7in

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
First, click on the green-colored "Download" button in the top left section of this page (The button that is marked in the picture).

http://www.dlldownloader.com/d3d9-dll/

Method 1: Fixing the DLL Error by Copying the D3d9.dll Library to the Windows System Directory
Method 2: Copying the D3d9.dll Library to the Program Installation Directory
Method 3: Uninstalling and Reinstalling the Program that Gives You the D3d9.dll Error
Method 4: Fixing the D3d9.dll Error using the Windows System File Checker (sfc /scannow)
Method 5: Fixing the D3d9.dll Errors by Manually Updating Windows