Control Panel

arges86

Distinguished
under 'View System Information' in the nVidia Control Panel, why does it show my:
Reference clock (FSB) -1.#IO Mhz
FSB Frequency: -1.#IO (DDR) Mhz
CPU multiplier: 5.0x
CPU core frequency -1.#IO Mhz
Memory bus frequenc y -1.#IO (DDR) Mhz

does anyone have any ideas?
thanx for any thoughts

My computer is:
AMD: Athlon 64 X2 5200+ OCed @ 2899 MHz (223 x 13)
Mobo: Gigabyte M57SLI-S4 v.2
RAM: 4GB Mushkin DDR2 PC2-6400
VC: EVGA 8800 GTS 320MB

V3NOM

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008

control panel only shows RAM and CPU speed not multis and FSB or anything... that would confuse most people.

arges86

Distinguished
CPU_z displays my information correctly
so i guess its not a huge deal, its just kind of strange that the info is all messed up.

I don't know how to display images in these forums

xxcoop42xx

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
its because your mobo is not a nvidia chipset mobo i.e. 780i,790i. you have a gigabyte mobo like me and it showed the same thing, mine actually thinks my cpu is running at 9.4GHz lol. 9.4GHz with a e8400 haha. but yes its due to the fact your not using a mobo with nvidia chipset therefore it cant read the cpu and cpu info correctly.

To display images you must first upload it to a photo hosting site like Photobucket then paste the Direct Link URL into your post and put (bracket)img(bracket) before it and (bracket)/img(bracket) after it. Alternately, you can push the button that looks like a mountain with a sun above it and post the link into the pop up box.

As long as the BIOS and CPU-Z are in agreement, I would not worry to much about it.
You can try updating to the latest GPU and Motherboard drivers and see if this helps any.

arges86

Distinguished
ControlPanel.jpg

xxcoop42xx

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008

well thats a pretty old chipset, i know that in my main gaming pc i have a EVGA nForce 780i SLI and it shows correctly. your chipset maybe to old but i really dont know. you could try to reinstall it.