Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Gtx
  • Drivers
  • Windows Vista
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 9, 2008 7:08:15 AM

The card will just get to the point where the pc will ask to reboot, than it just flips out with white squares all over the screen, upon reboot I get the vista loading bar but then nothing. It will not boot into windows. It will install the drivers that came with the cd, and work ok, but I cant update and have ot work.

I also have significant less frames in Armed Assault as I did with my 8800 gtx 768 mg card. Isnt this 9800 supposed to be better?

More about : brand 9800 gtx 1gig wont latest 180 drivers

December 9, 2008 7:36:15 AM

er... this might sound like a stupid question but did you dl the XP drivers of Vista drivers? 64 or 32?
a b U Graphics card
December 9, 2008 11:37:22 AM

mikelaw said:
The card will just get to the point where the pc will ask to reboot, than it just flips out with white squares all over the screen, upon reboot I get the vista loading bar but then nothing. It will not boot into windows. It will install the drivers that came with the cd, and work ok, but I cant update and have ot work.

I also have significant less frames in Armed Assault as I did with my 8800 gtx 768 mg card. Isnt this 9800 supposed to be better?

The 8800 GTX is better than the 9800 GTX (which is a rebrand of the 8800 GTS).

Anyway, make sure you used the right version of the drivers, and if that fails, try using an earlier version.
!