brand new 9800 gtx 1gig wont take latest 180 drivers

The card will just get to the point where the pc will ask to reboot, than it just flips out with white squares all over the screen, upon reboot I get the vista loading bar but then nothing. It will not boot into windows. It will install the drivers that came with the cd, and work ok, but I cant update and have ot work.

I also have significant less frames in Armed Assault as I did with my 8800 gtx 768 mg card. Isnt this 9800 supposed to be better?
2 answers Last reply
More about brand 9800 1gig wont latest drivers
  1. er... this might sound like a stupid question but did you dl the XP drivers of Vista drivers? 64 or 32?
  2. mikelaw said:
    The card will just get to the point where the pc will ask to reboot, than it just flips out with white squares all over the screen, upon reboot I get the vista loading bar but then nothing. It will not boot into windows. It will install the drivers that came with the cd, and work ok, but I cant update and have ot work.

I also have significant less frames in Armed Assault as I did with my 8800 gtx 768 mg card. Isnt this 9800 supposed to be better?

The 8800 GTX is better than the 9800 GTX (which is a rebrand of the 8800 GTS).

Anyway, make sure you used the right version of the drivers, and if that fails, try using an earlier version.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Drivers Windows Vista Graphics