  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 9:57:12 PM

Does anyone know how to change the installation language? A friend of mine
(British but lives in Thailand) has been given Sims 2 for her birthday. She
has installed it but it is all in Thai. How can she change it to English?

Linda Adams

More about : change language

Anonymous
January 9, 2005 9:57:13 PM

"Linda Adams" <l_j_adams1001@removethisyahoo.co.uk> wrote in

> Does anyone know how to change the installation language? A friend of
> mine (British but lives in Thailand) has been given Sims 2 for her
> birthday. She has installed it but it is all in Thai. How can she
> change it to English?

It's not thai, they're supposed to speak like that ;)

--
The Mythical Alex
Fortified with Vitriol and Irony

Linda Adams ha scritto:
> Does anyone know how to change the installation language? A friend of mine
> (British but lives in Thailand) has been given Sims 2 for her birthday. She
> has installed it but it is all in Thai. How can she change it to English?
>
> Linda Adams

Be careful: this way works but modifying the registry can seriously
damage your system!!!!!

1) Run Regedit
2) Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\1.0
3) In the right panel of the window you will find the key "LanguageName"
4) Double click on it and change its value to English
5) Exit from Regedit and reset your PC
Now The Sims 2 is in english.

(Sorry for my english but I'm Italian...)

Bye,
Simona
January 9, 2005 9:57:14 PM

They probably meant the writing as anyone who lives in Thailand wouldn't
mistake Sims talking for Thai.

As for the install language. If you weren't given the option of English at
the time of installation then the version you have doesn't support English.

MM

"The Mythical Alex" <tma20@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Linda Adams" <l_j_adams1001@removethisyahoo.co.uk> wrote in
>
> > Does anyone know how to change the installation language? A friend of
> > mine (British but lives in Thailand) has been given Sims 2 for her
> > birthday. She has installed it but it is all in Thai. How can she
> > change it to English?
>

> It's not thai, they're supposed to speak like that ;)
>

> --
> The Mythical Alex
> Fortified with Vitriol and Irony
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 9:57:15 PM

canary wrote:
> He means the text is in tai.

He?! How many men do you know called 'Linda'?
on salads.
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 9:57:16 PM

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in news:vXcEd.4$Rp6.0
@fe48.usenetserver.com:

> canary wrote:
>> He means the text is in tai.
>

> He?! How many men do you know called 'Linda'?

You wouldn't say that if you hung out in some of the bars in my town...

--
The Mythical Alex
Fortified with Vitriol and Irony
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 11:32:58 PM

Correct - I am NOT talking about the language they are speaking (which I
know is called SIMLISH!)but the interface language - but it is OK now I have
discovered (after a bit of searching) how to change it to English.
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 11:32:59 PM

"Linda Adams" <l_j_adams1001@removethisyahoo.co.uk> wrote in

<snip>

Oh dear I can see you lot are quite the humourless bunch...

--
The Mythical Alex
Fortified with Vitriol and Irony
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 3:16:22 AM

> "Linda Adams" <l_j_adams1001@removethisyahoo.co.uk> wrote in
>
> <snip>
>

> Oh dear I can see you lot are quite the humourless bunch...
>

> --
> The Mythical Alex

New here, aren't you?
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 4:48:42 PM

"Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in news:o _mdnfFcIfA1kn_cRVn-
qg@comcast.com:

> New here, aren't you?

Actually I wrote the first FAQ when Sims discussion was limited to
alt.family-names.sims...

--
The Mythical Alex
Fortified with Vitriol and Irony
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 9:54:40 PM

The Mythical Alex wrote:

> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in
> news:o _mdnfFcIfA1kn_cRVn- qg@comcast.com:
> > New here, aren't you?
> Actually I wrote the first FAQ when Sims discussion was
> limited to alt.family-names.sims...

New in this place, aren't you? ;-)

T.
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 9:58:09 PM

The Mythical Alex wrote:
> "Linda Adams" <l_j_adams1001@removethisyahoo.co.uk> wrote in
>

>>Does anyone know how to change the installation language? A friend of
>>mine (British but lives in Thailand) has been given Sims 2 for her
>>birthday. She has installed it but it is all in Thai. How can she
>>change it to English?
>

> It's not thai, they're supposed to speak like that ;)

[rolls eyes] He didn't say the language the Sims are speaking, he said
the *installation* language.

Reading is Fundamental.

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

hello.. can you tell me how you did that? i want to change the language to greek from english in windows xp an all the tips i found were working only for vista :( ....
November 13, 2010 3:36:51 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey