Closed

Change Language

Does anyone know how to change the installation language? A friend of mine
(British but lives in Thailand) has been given Sims 2 for her birthday. She
has installed it but it is all in Thai. How can she change it to English?

Linda Adams
13 answers Last reply
More about change language

    "Linda Adams" <l_j_adams1001@removethisyahoo.co.uk> wrote in

    > Does anyone know how to change the installation language? A friend of
    > mine (British but lives in Thailand) has been given Sims 2 for her
    > birthday. She has installed it but it is all in Thai. How can she
    > change it to English?

    It's not thai, they're supposed to speak like that ;)

    --
    The Mythical Alex
    Fortified with Vitriol and Irony

    Linda Adams ha scritto:
    > Does anyone know how to change the installation language? A friend of mine
    > (British but lives in Thailand) has been given Sims 2 for her birthday. She
    > has installed it but it is all in Thai. How can she change it to English?
    >
    > Linda Adams

    Be careful: this way works but modifying the registry can seriously
    damage your system!!!!!

    1) Run Regedit
    2) Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\1.0
    3) In the right panel of the window you will find the key "LanguageName"
    4) Double click on it and change its value to English
    5) Exit from Regedit and reset your PC
    Now The Sims 2 is in english.

    (Sorry for my english but I'm Italian...)

    Bye,
    Simona

    They probably meant the writing as anyone who lives in Thailand wouldn't
    mistake Sims talking for Thai.

    As for the install language. If you weren't given the option of English at
    the time of installation then the version you have doesn't support English.

    MM

    canary wrote:
    > He means the text is in tai.

    He?! How many men do you know called 'Linda'?
    on salads.

    "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in news:vXcEd.4$Rp6.0
    @fe48.usenetserver.com:

    > canary wrote:
    >> He means the text is in tai.
    >

    > He?! How many men do you know called 'Linda'?

    You wouldn't say that if you hung out in some of the bars in my town...

    --
    The Mythical Alex
    Fortified with Vitriol and Irony

    Correct - I am NOT talking about the language they are speaking (which I
    know is called SIMLISH!)but the interface language - but it is OK now I have
    discovered (after a bit of searching) how to change it to English.

    "Linda Adams" <l_j_adams1001@removethisyahoo.co.uk> wrote in

    <snip>

    Oh dear I can see you lot are quite the humourless bunch...

    --

    > "Linda Adams" <l_j_adams1001@removethisyahoo.co.uk> wrote in
    >
    > <snip>
    >

    > Oh dear I can see you lot are quite the humourless bunch...
    >

    > --
    > The Mythical Alex

    New here, aren't you?

    "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in news:O_mdnfFcIfA1kn_cRVn-
    qg@comcast.com:

    > New here, aren't you?

    Actually I wrote the first FAQ when Sims discussion was limited to
    alt.family-names.sims...

    --

    The Mythical Alex wrote:

    > "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in
    > news:O_mdnfFcIfA1kn_cRVn- qg@comcast.com:
    > > New here, aren't you?
    > Actually I wrote the first FAQ when Sims discussion was
    > limited to alt.family-names.sims...

    New in this place, aren't you? ;-)

    T.

    The Mythical Alex wrote:
    > "Linda Adams" <l_j_adams1001@removethisyahoo.co.uk> wrote in
    >

    >>Does anyone know how to change the installation language? A friend of
    >>mine (British but lives in Thailand) has been given Sims 2 for her
    >>birthday. She has installed it but it is all in Thai. How can she
    >>change it to English?
    >

    > It's not thai, they're supposed to speak like that ;)

    [rolls eyes] He didn't say the language the Sims are speaking, he said
    the *installation* language.

    Reading is Fundamental.

    --
    --Cuth
  12. hello.. can you tell me how you did that? i want to change the language to greek from english in windows xp an all the tips i found were working only for vista :(....

Sims Games Video Games