Feb 8, 2009
Q6600 @ 3ghz
Thermaltake mini typhoon
2 case fans
Room temp is average

Are these temps fine?

Idle :

load :

I've read other threads where people have said that even higher temps are OK, and that quads generally run hotter then duals. My proc is the g0 stepping btw.

Anyways just wanted a second opinion.

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
Those temps are absolutely fine. Though download Prime95 and run it while monitoring the temps and see what it goes up to if you are still nervous. A CPU is fine as long as it is below 60-65c.

papalarge123

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
there is a minor issue, i have noticed

there should only be roughly 4-5c difference between the 2 seperate dual cores ie - 33,33,29,29 and so on, where as urs has roughly 10c difference.

this could mean that ur cooler is not seated properly on the CPU.

i dont think it will cause too much of a problem, but if it is the case, then 2 cores of ur CPU will be higher temps and may burn out quicker due to insifficient coolin contact.

tremz

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
Yea guys, thanks for the replies.

I kinda noticed the big variance in temperatures between each core, and thought that I may need to reapply thermal paste and the HSF. Doing this, I would probably be able to drop the temps alittle bit more then what they currently are too.

Problem is this HSF is a bi%tch to install, took me about 20 times to fix it on right.

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
Yeah I had that same problem (then pins) when I put in my friend's Q6600, lol, god that stock HS was a pain. I swear those pins only work when they want to (didn't have too much trouble with my Arctic 7 Pro though). But yeah, It'd be worth it to get that core on par with your other one, I'm sure.