Disappearing neighborhood

I had been playing The Sims 2 for 3 months. Everything was alright. Today
morning my brother was playing, too. But in the afternoon, we wanted to
start the game again, and in the menu one neighborhood has disappeared! What
could happen? Is it able to fix it? Big pleeeeese for answering, 'cause I
don't want to do everything again (all houses, famillies etc.).
--
Lechu
Sorry for my English but I'm from Poland...

---

Did you sign on at the computer as a different user the second time? (other
alternative is - your brother is playing a trick on you)!

That happened to me when I started a new User account for playing games
only. I started a new neighbourhood whilst using it but found it wasn't
there when I played the game again using the original account.

The neighbourhood wasn't wiped out (It was kept for that other User) but I
am not sure how to transfer it over and haven't bothered to do so.

Skeatsan''co

"Lechu" <lesmian1@wp.pl> wrote in message

> I had been playing The Sims 2 for 3 months. Everything was alright. Today
> morning my brother was playing, too. But in the afternoon, we wanted to
> start the game again, and in the menu one neighborhood has disappeared!
> What
> could happen? Is it able to fix it? Big pleeeeese for answering, 'cause I
> don't want to do everything again (all houses, famillies etc.).
> --
> Lechu
> Sorry for my English but I'm from Poland...
>

> ---

Are you sure he didn't delete the neighbourhood? It's very easy to do.

You can check to see the neighbourhood is still in your neighbourhoods
folder. Go to:

My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighbourhoods

and look in the folders that are in there. In each one, there'll be a
picture of the neighbourhood which should allow you to work out which one is
which. There should be three other folders in the neighbourhood folder,
plus a couple of other files.

Was it one of the neighbourhoods that came with the game? There's a way to
restore these but I've never done it. Does anyone know? However, if you do
restore it (rather than get it back), you'll loose all the work you've done
on it.

Best wishes
Maxon