SYSTEM NOT STARTING

ashforbes

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Im not sure if this is the right place but my computer wont start. Its a systomax venture n4000. I recently had a lot of viruses that ruined my computer and it wouldnt function anymore so i removed the HD and scanned it on another computer to remove the viruses.

So i reinstalled the HD and now it wont start. I did unplug front control panel wires and have since reinstalled them properly and it still does not start up.

Mondoman

Splendid
Perhaps you could provide more details - what do you mean exactly by does not start up. Does anything show up on the video monitor? Do any fans start spinning? Do any LEDs light up (especially on the MB)? Does the PC make any noises? What button/switch did you use to try to turn it on? Have you checked that the PS switch is on and the PS is plugged into the wall?

when you scanned for viruses did you clean or remove them with the scanner? if so then the reason may be that some critical files were deleted or corrupted.

this is my explination because you did not give us any other info on any error messages (if any) you were receiving or the HDD gets detected at all

DaveF1953

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2009
Why don't you follow through with what people are trying to tell you? Unless, of course, you can't because you've crashed your system. You know, Virus scanners and checkers and such just plain suck. Using common sense is the only way to keep your computer free of trouble. Once you let a virus program go to work, it doesn't care what it does to your vital files. Also, if you leave the checker on constantly your dragging your system down from a P4 or above to a 486. Just my opinion. If you think your screwed, bite the bullet and get another drive, but keep any data from the old one away from it.