Keyboard stopped working on Aspire One Acer Notebook

conchita_vene

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Hi

The keyboard on my Aspire One Acer Notebook has stopped working. The mouse & power button are working fine but nothing else on the keyboard works.

Can someone please help me?!!

Thanks
Conchita_Vene

G

hi I have the same problem and yes a usb ketboard works, what happend was that i was typing a password and suddenly a key got stuck and didnt know which one so I closed all the windows and restarted it after that the keyboard just stoped working

p.s I bought the netbook 5 months ago, this should have happend not this early

I encountered this problem on a Toshiba laptop a few months ago,.. and the problem was; the i8042prt keyboard driver was infected. As commented by eliese095 a USB keyboard would work because it uses a different driver... so scanning the Notebook/Laptop for virus/malware may solve the problem.

hi I have the same problem and yes a usb ketboard works, what happend was that i was typing a password and suddenly a key got stuck and didnt know which one so I closed all the windows and restarted it after that the keyboard just stoped working

p.s I bought the netbook 5 months ago, this should have happend not this early

You're right this shouldn't happen on a near new notebook.. except that they key got stuck for some reason; so maybe something got stuck under the key... a staple for example?... anyway an object under a key should not disable the whole keyboard so maybe it's not hardware but software. I would suggest you scan the computer for virus/malware to discard an infection, later try to reinstall the keyboard driver, and if you don't see a change, I'd suggest if it's still under warranty, try to make good on it..