D975XBX Booting issues

idk0330

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
My name is Tom(irony :D ) and i have a big issue. I just recieved an INtel D975XBX Mobo with 2 GB of generic memory at 800 mhz 5-5-5-12. I just booted my computer up and when I went to do a little tweaking on the FSB(within windows using setFSB) (CPU:E2200) my computer crashed. I thought no problem happens when you try to overclock. (been overclocking for a while now) So I turned the system off and tried to restart. I got three long beeps from post which, from my research, means I have no memory. I tried putting in new memory(some i had from and old systems that was compatible)in each slot and nothing worked. I tried clearing the cmos and the jumper pin for doing so will not fix the problem. It's like the chipset doesn't recognize that there is memory there. Some one plase help.

idk0330

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
I can't clear the CMOS if you mean remove the battery or somthing I tried that. Theres a three pin socket for clearing the CMOS but no header for a pin.

idk0330

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
I tried that. It won't get past the fact that it thinks it has no memory. I'll post a youtube video of what it does so you can see exactly what I mean.

You don't need to post a video. If setting the BIOS mode to configure doesn't work, you'll have to open a call with Intel and probably RMA the motherboard if going through all tests that they'll ask you to perform doesn't resolve the issue. The problem is that you used software that most likely wasn't tested/approved on that motherboard.