Sound level varies greatly from one channel to another

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
July 14, 2005 12:46:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.digital-tv (More info?)

I have an SA Explorer 3200 STB connected to my Dolby AV reciever via the
digital coax connections, and find it annoying that the sound level from one
channel to another can vary so significantly. Rogers states that the sound
level is set by the station and there is nothing they can do about it.

Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Do Bell ExpressVu customers experience the same problem?

Thanks.
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 6:21:33 PM

David wrote:

> I have an SA Explorer 3200 STB connected to my Dolby AV reciever via the
> digital coax connections, and find it annoying that the sound level from one
> channel to another can vary so significantly. Rogers states that the sound
> level is set by the station and there is nothing they can do about it.
>
> Is there anything I can do to fix it?
>
> Do Bell ExpressVu customers experience the same problem?
>
> Thanks.

I received a Time Warner SA-3250-HD Cable tuner box about

1 1/2 years ago.... Had the same 'Variable Audio Loudness'

Problem up front... Got a tip from a local "home Theater"

dealer to Solve this Problem:

On the hand held remote: Hit settings
Hit more settings
Pan to: Audio Volume Control
Select FIXED, not Variable
My loud & quiet volume has worked perfect since.....
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 8:36:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.digital-tv (More info?)

I have an SA-3250 (HD) box and have noticed the same symptom; however, to be
fair, I also noted this on the previous Motorola box. I know that Time
Warner can affect the volume levels within a given signal distribution area
by adjusting their amplifiers. I've discussed this with them, and had
channels adjusted. They'll get it fixed...and then as time passes and techs
replace or upgrade equipment...the problems tend to show up again.

Hope this is useful...seems we're all in a similar situation.

Regards from Texas...

!