Solved

My desktop wallpaper is too big and right

Hello,
My wallpaper shows up too big and I see only the top left corner of the image. It does this no matter what size the image is. What can be done to fix it? It happened when I was saving a copy of a picture on the desktop.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about desktop wallpaper right
  1. What setting do you have for the background Position? Right-click on the desktop, go to Properties > Desktop tab > Position drop-down. You probably want to pick Center.
  2. hang-the-9 said:
    What setting do you have for the background Position? Right-click on the desktop, go to Properties > Desktop tab > Position drop-down. You probably want to pick Center.

No, when I choose "center" it only puts a small picture in the middle. I have tried all of those settings.
    When Windows first comes on, the wallpaper is the correct size and placement, then as
    the icons are loaded, it switches to the large size only showing the top left corner of the
    picture. This happens no matter what kind of picture I choose - my own jpg pictures, and the
    preloaded wallpaper that comes with Windows.
  3. What resolution is the system running?
  4. hang-the-9 said:
    What resolution is the system running?

1280 X 1024
  5. Best answer
    I have a vague feeling this has to do with Active Desktop, the issue seems familiar I just can't remember the details.

Try this:

Open Display Properties.
    Click the Desktop tab.
    Click the Customize Desktop button.
    Click the Web tab in the Desktop Items window.
    Make sure all checkboxes in this window are un-checked including My Current Homepage.
    Restart your computer.
  6. Best answer selected by Maestra.
  7. hang-the-9 said:
    I have a vague feeling this has to do with Active Desktop, the issue seems familiar I just can't remember the details.

Try this:

Open Display Properties.
    Click the Desktop tab.
    Click the Customize Desktop button.
    Click the Web tab in the Desktop Items window.
    Make sure all checkboxes in this window are un-checked including My Current Homepage.
    Restart your computer.

Thanks! That worked even without restarting my desktop.
  8. I'm having the same problem, but I can't find "Display Properties" anywhere (I have Vista is that matters). I have "Display Settings" and "Graphics Properties", but neither lead to the rest of your instructions. Help!?
  9. Maestra said:
    Hello,
    My wallpaper shows up too big and I see only the top left corner of the image. It does this no matter what size the image is. What can be done to fix it? It happened when I was saving a copy of a picture on the desktop.

You go to Control Panel , click " Display "
    in Display Properties choose tab " Desktop "
    in menu Position select " Stretch "
  10. check out desktop wallpaper of windows xp right here

http://www.hdwallpapersallz.com/windows-xp-hd-wallpapers-for-desktop.html
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Desktops Wallpaper Windows XP