Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

My desktop wallpaper is too big and right

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
April 18, 2011 8:59:13 PM

Hello,
My wallpaper shows up too big and I see only the top left corner of the image. It does this no matter what size the image is. What can be done to fix it? It happened when I was saving a copy of a picture on the desktop.

More about : desktop wallpaper big

April 19, 2011 3:29:59 PM

What setting do you have for the background Position? Right-click on the desktop, go to Properties > Desktop tab > Position drop-down. You probably want to pick Center.
m
0
l
April 19, 2011 4:28:23 PM

hang-the-9 said:
What setting do you have for the background Position? Right-click on the desktop, go to Properties > Desktop tab > Position drop-down. You probably want to pick Center.


No, when I choose "center" it only puts a small picture in the middle. I have tried all of those settings.
When Windows first comes on, the wallpaper is the correct size and placement, then as
the icons are loaded, it switches to the large size only showing the top left corner of the
picture. This happens no matter what kind of picture I choose - my own jpg pictures, and the
preloaded wallpaper that comes with Windows.
m
0
l
Related resources
April 19, 2011 5:38:38 PM

What resolution is the system running?
m
0
l
April 19, 2011 5:40:10 PM

hang-the-9 said:
What resolution is the system running?



1280 X 1024
m
0
l

Best solution

April 19, 2011 5:44:07 PM

I have a vague feeling this has to do with Active Desktop, the issue seems familiar I just can't remember the details.

Try this:

Open Display Properties.
Click the Desktop tab.
Click the Customize Desktop button.
Click the Web tab in the Desktop Items window.
Make sure all checkboxes in this window are un-checked including My Current Homepage.
Restart your computer.
Share
April 19, 2011 5:51:10 PM

Best answer selected by Maestra.
m
0
l
April 19, 2011 5:51:35 PM

hang-the-9 said:
I have a vague feeling this has to do with Active Desktop, the issue seems familiar I just can't remember the details.

Try this:

Open Display Properties.
Click the Desktop tab.
Click the Customize Desktop button.
Click the Web tab in the Desktop Items window.
Make sure all checkboxes in this window are un-checked including My Current Homepage.
Restart your computer.


Thanks! That worked even without restarting my desktop.
m
0
l
October 24, 2011 12:14:05 AM

I'm having the same problem, but I can't find "Display Properties" anywhere (I have Vista is that matters). I have "Display Settings" and "Graphics Properties", but neither lead to the rest of your instructions. Help!?
m
0
l
October 27, 2011 8:20:14 PM

Maestra said:
Hello,
My wallpaper shows up too big and I see only the top left corner of the image. It does this no matter what size the image is. What can be done to fix it? It happened when I was saving a copy of a picture on the desktop.


You go to Control Panel , click " Display "
in Display Properties choose tab " Desktop "
in menu Position select " Stretch "
m
0
l
!