Sign in with
Your question

How to repair a corrupted bios in a Toshiba Satellite L305 Laptop

Last response: in Windows XP
April 18, 2011 9:26:27 PM

I tried updating the bios in a Toshiba L305-S5955, and after it was done I could not get the laptop to boot up. It would try and after it said that windows was starting I would get the blue screen of death that said an error had occured and it could not start. I'm assuming that the bios update somehow corrupted the bios. Then I tried reinstalling Windows XP, and it seemed to be going fine untill the computer said it was going to restart, and immediately went back to the blue screen. I can boot okay from a bootable CD, but when I tried another hard drive with a working Windows XP on it and it wouldn't work either. The blue screen came back to haunt me. The operating system was supposed to be Windows Vista Basic, which I didn't have, and when I first installed Windows XP it worked perfectly. Any help would be appreciated.

Joe
a c 204 D Laptop
April 19, 2011 3:50:34 PM

If you got a corrupt BIOS the laptop would not even get that far. What may have happened is that you had a hardware update with the BIOS that ended up being incompatible with the XP drivers. Does the laptop have official XP drivers from the vendor?
m
l
April 26, 2011 3:05:46 PM

hang-the-9 said:
If you got a corrupt BIOS the laptop would not even get that far. What may have happened is that you had a hardware update with the BIOS that ended up being incompatible with the XP drivers. Does the laptop have official XP drivers from the vendor?

I think you are right. I reloaded with Windows XP Pro, and everything worked fine. So I'm assuming that you are right, that it was a driver problem. Thank You for the help.

Joe
m
l
a c 204 D Laptop
April 26, 2011 3:08:03 PM

jkout said:
I think you are right. I reloaded with Windows XP Pro, and everything worked fine. So I'm assuming that you are right, that it was a driver problem. Thank You for the help.

Joe

Glad to hear you're system is working again.
m
l
Related resources
!