Sign in with
Your question

Radeon HD 4350 Video Card Question

Last response: in Windows XP
April 19, 2011 1:54:56 AM

The Radeon HD 4350 Video Card says that it requires 1GB of system memory. If I only ave 512MB of sytem memory what will happen? I have tried to install the card and upon start up the fan works but my monitor receives no signal, I'm wondering if it could be due to the lack of system memory? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have an old system and my GEForce2 GST is on its way out and I need to either get this card to work or find another that will. I can and will buy an additional 512MB or RAM if necessary but I do not want to do so if it won't fix the problem. Any input will be greatly appreciated - and yes as you can tell by this posting I am a computer novice.
a b U Graphics card
April 19, 2011 2:06:55 AM

Usually those system requirements are for optimum driver performance. The system should still boot up without any problem, so remove the card, reinstall it, and make sure you do not need a power cable connected to it.
April 19, 2011 2:15:24 AM

PhilFrisbie said:
Usually those system requirements are for optimum driver performance. The system should still boot up without any problem, so remove the card, reinstall it, and make sure you do not need a power cable connected to it.

I know that I do not need a power cable. I have also uninstalled all of the previous graphic card's drivers, but I still receive no signal. I put the old card in and everything runs fine. In fact, even with the new graphics card in although no signal is being produced everything else appears to be running fine.

I am very grateful that you took the time to respond, I would very, very much appreciate any other suggestions you might have? Should I try to install the new drivers before installing the new card?
a c 147 U Graphics card
a b } Memory
April 19, 2011 2:17:41 PM

Try the card in another system to rule out a bad card.

Also what power supply do you have in your computer? A 4350 does not need much power, but it does need more than a GeForce 2. What interface is the card?

Do you have onboard video or just the card? If you have onboard video, try to use that and see if that is OK when the card is out.
!