Intel 81x Integrated Graphics VBIOS help?

whositknocking

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2009
Hi, I recently downloaded the Intel Graphic Controller update for the 81xx chipset, running on an old Windows 2000 PC.

There is a vbios folder included that contained 2 sub-folders, one for AIM, and one for AIMless.

Well this old PC doesn't have the AIM support, so I was wondering how do I install this AIMless video bios.

The vbios folder contains these three files - "bmp_core.bsf", "d81x2683.dat", and "d81x2683.exe".

Anyone know how I would install these? I already tried running the "exe" file from double click and command line, and still got nothing.

derek2006

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
Right click my computer, go to properties, hardware tab, then device manager. There should be a group with question marks. Right click the hardware that says something to the effect of video adapter and click properties. Go to the driver tab and click the update driver button. A window comes up. You can try to have windows update search for a driver for you, but I am assuming you already tried that and that's why you got them from Intel's website. So go to No, not this time button and click next. Then Install from specific location and then next. Uncheck the search removable media and check include this location in search. Point it to the driver and hit next.

whositknocking

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2009
I already installed the drivers for the integrated graphics, but the package also included a BIOS update for the integrated graphics as well.

I think I might need to boot it from a floppy, but I get "NTLDR missing" errors when I do that. I might need to replace the CMOS battery

It didn't include instructions as how to install, but I'd still appreciate a heads up from anyone who has had experience with these old dinosaurs.

Has anyone here ever gotten a "NTLDR" error at a BIOS update attemp before? Am I just wasting my time, and/or yours?