jbmc

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
Hi, I own a 3-4 yr old emachine dsktop that I have added some components to in the last few mths. and was wondering if there was anything I need to know about in order to prevent a crash. I installed a second internal HDD (still boot from the orig.), 1 GB of memory, a new CD/DVD burner, and a 500watt power supply. About once a mth, I use the CCleaner to clean registry, Malwarebytes, and Adaware. I run NOD32 and Comodo, which works well. I generally use the PC to surf, play my 500GB of music, stream video and occasionally download from bittorrent. Is there anything else I need to be doing to protect my investment? Thanks for the help.

Mondoman

Splendid
Well, I'd strongly consider building a new system with a new MB, as your current low-end MB is probably past its expected lifetime at 3-4 years. Just be sure that any info you can't afford to lose is backed up.

jbmc

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
Thanks for the reply, if I did decide to get a new MB, it would fit into my case, right? I know some of the MB's are huge (for gaming?) but, anyway do you have a suggestion for a good one and does it come with a processor? As you can tell, I dont know a whole lot about doing this, learning as I go. Thanks again.

Mondoman

Splendid
I don't know what your case looks like, but prebuilt computers often have specialized cases that may not work with standard motherboards, power supplies and so forth. Good luck!