Product : Samsung 2253BW
Product : Samsung Spinpoint F1,7200RPM, SATA II, 32MB, 1000GB
2x Product : Samsung SH-S223F
Product : Lian Li PC-7B PLUS II
Product : Intel Core 2 Quad, Q6600, Socket 775, Boxed
Product : Asus P5Q-E,Retail
Product : Corsair TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF,4096MB, 1066MHz, DDR2, PC8500,
Product : Corsair CMPSU-750TXEU,750Watt, Retail
Product : Xigmatek HDT-S1283 plus Bracket.

Everything worked right away I had no problems at all so I installed Vista Business 64 bit on it. I installed many other programs and games and everything worked well. I rebooted the computer a few times because I had to do it due to Windows Updates. And then today when I woke up a problem occurred which probably has nothing to do with the updates because I booted the computer a few times after that and it still worked well. And beside that my problem has something to do with hardware.

So now the story:

I just pushed the power button on my computer and it went on but I didn't saw anything on my screen. It kinda looked like it was in standby or something. So I did the following things to fix it: PC reboot (reset), hold my power button and try to boot it again. I used the on / off button on my PSU and then tried again. I reinstalled all the cables of my monitor and I even took my videocard out and did it back in. And then another weird problemen occured. When I click the power on button on my computer it starts up and then it goes out within 2 seconds and then it goes on and stays on. It also went on automaticly while I was busy with putting the cables back in my monitor. My temperatures of the computer were fine when I checked it my CPU temps were around 19-23 celcius and my motherboard and hdd were around 35 max.

It's very weird because everything worked well and I didn't even touch my case before it went crazy.

I hope anyone can help me and I prefer to try the simplest things first because it's a hard job to take the hardware out because it's a bit full in my case.

Thanks a lot for reading :)

Greetings,
Qwertyrules

qwertyrules

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
Hmm weird :p not a single person reacted. Anyway for the people that are having the same problem as me. I fixed this problem by putting my jumper on (2-3) and then back to (1-2) again. This problem is caused because I used the Windows Vista standby mode and then I turned my computer off I guess. I think it has something to do with BIOS settings but I'm not quite sure :)

This is not unusual. That you had to go through so much to get it fixed is however.

Your description was not very clear, and most would not have understood it. I have seen the problem you refer to, so I was able to decipher the text ;)

Next time try powering down your monitor for a minute.

TRENDING THREADS