Pigbearman

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
Hi everybody, i just got some of the components (case, hard drive, optical, PSU) i need to put together my new PC (first time builder). The other things (motherboard, cpu, video card, RAM, monitor, speakers) will be purchased when i can gather up the cash (which reminds me, anybody have a good quick way to sell 2 open broken 360's and about 50 games? =D )

Basically all i am wondering is can i plug in the 4 fans that came with my Coolermaster HAF 932 to my power supply, plug it in, and test just the fans without screwing up anything else? My optical and hard drive are already in the case waiting for the other things, i just want to make sure Coolermaster sent me a case with working fans (and a working PSU too >.> )

Thanks in advance for the answers!

You would still need to short out the green wire on the ATX 20/24 pin connector to any of the black wires, in order to power up the PSU with only the fans connected. Otherwise, yes, you can do it without causing any damage, as long as you don't have anything else beside the fans connected to the PSU.

Pigbearman

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009

How exactly would i do this? I'm fairly new to building PC's so I'm still learning how to do things the right way ;)

Pigbearman

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009

K thanks, as for the "grounding yourself" thing, i'm just sitting on a computer char on top one of those plastic mats, hopefully I wont be shocked >.>