So will my build be able to run crysis high?

no, the 4850 will hold you back at the monitors native resolution. You will probably find spots where, even at 1024x768 you'll get stuttering. If you try and turn on AA it'll get worse. I had a 4870/512 card and had some difficulties. My remedy: XFX GTX260. Others will disagree but that's ok. You'll have to make some adjustments to your order to try and swap money around.

PC6400 and a much cheaper case will help. You don't really need 1066. You should be able to cut the price of the case in half. Antek 300...???? and later buy extra fans for it if you think you need them.

The power supply...... not enough. If you plan on running two cards in the future at least get the 750 model. 1 card or 2 I'd still get it. The motherboard...I really can't gripe about that but with a little more effort you should be able to trim the cost there also........ Let us know how things work out.

Silverion77

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
Yea as the others have stated a 4850 cant do it.

If Crysis is ALL u care about go with a Nvidia card. Crysis is coded better for Nvidia cards so they pull out more frames.

ahslan

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2007
Well if by high you mean the highest settings, then no, the 4850 will not be able to handle it...but there are all sorts of tweaks that you can do to be able to play at high settings so that it produces great framerates as well. I currently can play crysis on my rig with mixed settings on my 24" monitor and it looks gorgeous...but as others have said, there are several ways you can save some money on your rig so that you can opt for beefier gpu if you feel you need more power....

KraZZy KiiD

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008
no of course i wont be playing cryis only maybe like once a week lol. If i did wanna play it liek REAL badly i would forget the monitor. I plan on playing warhammer online basically every day of the week and once i get bored(which wont happen often) maybe some crysis or WoW lol. But can it run warhammer online on max then?

I can't imagine WAR would be an issue. I play WAR with my 8800GTS (G92) and max settings fine. Can't recall if I have it at 1280x1024 or 1440x900 though.

By the way, I'll second the notion that you can save money on your memory. PC6400 is good enough, and cheaper. And then you can afford to upgrade your power supply. 450W is what I'd personally go for as a minimum these days. Great case by the way, I love mine. :) It's freaking huge... Will fit the giagantic Xigmatek HDT-S1283 if you ever go that route.

By the way, you'll want an aftermarket CPU cooler too. The stock one with your Q6600 will suck. ;)

KraZZy KiiD

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008
okay thanks i have a 360 to handle all my gaming needs =p crysis just seemed like a little fun thing to play every now and then

crysis at 1680x1050 on the second highest quality lvl and no AA is very playable on a 8800gt. Plus it still looks pretty good. (way better then any console) Keep in mind that with the good use of motion blur crysis only needs to stay above 25fps to stay smooth.