Sign in with
Your question

Desktop won't show up after Vista logo screen

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
December 10, 2008 4:15:02 AM

Hi.

My PC is having a display issue. When I run the system, the vista logo screen shows up but after that it's just a blank, purple screen. I left it on one day and went to sleep; next day it doesn't work anymore.

It's probably not a monitor issue since I replaced all the cables with new ones and after that, even the monitor itself and I still have the same problem! A blank, colored screen after the Vista logo shows up. I can even move my cursor around but the desktop won't display.

Specs: 2,4 Ghz Quad Core, 4GB RAM, 8800GT, Vista Home Preumium 32-bit
December 10, 2008 11:46:00 AM

Welcome to the forums!

Try safe mode.
If it works in safe mode, it is probably a Windows problem or some software problem. Try to recall what you installed just before this happened.
Could be 2 antivirus running at the same time for example.
Anonymous
December 10, 2008 3:50:13 PM

Sorry! I forgot to mention; when I try safe mode, the screen just turns black. Nope, won't work.
Related resources
December 11, 2008 1:08:47 PM

Try reinstalling Windows or do a Windows repair.
Anonymous
December 12, 2008 9:11:31 PM

All I see is another background with a Vista artstyle to it. I can still move my cursor but the menu won't show up; it won't boot properly .
Anonymous
December 12, 2008 9:13:31 PM

Never mind, I was too hasty. Will see if I manage not to screw up.
Anonymous
December 12, 2008 11:22:04 PM

I managed to reinstall Windows now; I think I have the Vista files installed twice on my PC now though. Well, anyway, thanks a bunch for your advice.
!