V400 Ringer ID and Txt Msg sound

Last response: in Network Providers
February 9, 2005 8:20:41 AM

Now that I can upload my own MP3 ringtones, I have associated a few with
people in my phone book. However, now, whenever they send me a text
message, the MP3 I have as their ringtone plays instead of the sound I have
specified for the Txt Msg notification in the main profile.

This kind of stinks as I don't know right away if I am getting an
incoming call that I may need to answer, or if it is just a text message
that I can retrieve at convenience. Is this behaviour by design, or do I
have something set up incorrectly?

TIA
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 6:37:33 PM

"mhicaoidh" <®êmõvé_mhic_aoidh@hotÑîXmailSPäM.com> wrote in message
> Now that I can upload my own MP3 ringtones, I have associated a few
> with
> people in my phone book. However, now, whenever they send me a text
> message, the MP3 I have as their ringtone plays instead of the sound I
> have
> specified for the Txt Msg notification in the main profile.
>
> This kind of stinks as I don't know right away if I am getting an
> incoming call that I may need to answer, or if it is just a text message
> that I can retrieve at convenience. Is this behaviour by design, or do I
> have something set up incorrectly?
>
> TIA

Try going into the ring styles. Change the details for calls, vm, txt
message, alarms. You can set them to what ever you like.
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 5:28:23 AM

Taking a moment's reflection, wirelessjuan mused:

| Try going into the ring styles. Change the details for calls, vm, txt
| message, alarms. You can set them to what ever you like.

That's how I do have it set up. I have the "Loud" style set for one
MP3, and it plays whenever someone without a Ringer ID calls me. I have
Text Msgs set to Chimes High, and this plays whenever I get a text from
someone without a Ringer ID.

However, when someone with a Ringer ID calls me it plays the Ringer ID
MP3 ... and whenever they send me a text, it played the Ringer ID MP3 ...
instead of Chimes High as expected.
!