V400 Ringer ID and Txt Msg sound

Now that I can upload my own MP3 ringtones, I have associated a few with
people in my phone book. However, now, whenever they send me a text
message, the MP3 I have as their ringtone plays instead of the sound I have
specified for the Txt Msg notification in the main profile.

This kind of stinks as I don't know right away if I am getting an
incoming call that I may need to answer, or if it is just a text message
that I can retrieve at convenience. Is this behaviour by design, or do I
have something set up incorrectly?

TIA
2 answers Last reply
More about v400 ringer sound

    "mhicaoidh" <®êmõvé_mhic_aoidh@hotÑîXmailSPäM.com> wrote in message
    > Now that I can upload my own MP3 ringtones, I have associated a few
    > with
    > people in my phone book. However, now, whenever they send me a text
    > message, the MP3 I have as their ringtone plays instead of the sound I
    > have
    > specified for the Txt Msg notification in the main profile.
    >
    > This kind of stinks as I don't know right away if I am getting an
    > incoming call that I may need to answer, or if it is just a text message
    > that I can retrieve at convenience. Is this behaviour by design, or do I
    > have something set up incorrectly?
    >
    > TIA

    Try going into the ring styles. Change the details for calls, vm, txt
    message, alarms. You can set them to what ever you like.

    Taking a moment's reflection, wirelessjuan mused:

    | Try going into the ring styles. Change the details for calls, vm, txt
    | message, alarms. You can set them to what ever you like.

    That's how I do have it set up. I have the "Loud" style set for one
    MP3, and it plays whenever someone without a Ringer ID calls me. I have
    Text Msgs set to Chimes High, and this plays whenever I get a text from
    someone without a Ringer ID.

    However, when someone with a Ringer ID calls me it plays the Ringer ID
    MP3 ... and whenever they send me a text, it played the Ringer ID MP3 ...
    instead of Chimes High as expected.

Cingular MP3 Internet Service Providers