sims 2 willow, birch, palm, rainbow

Pentium 3.06, 1 gig ram, lots of hd, XP Pro, ATI 9700 TX (a Dell version
of the 9700 supposedly just slower than the real 9700 but who knows).
When we run Sims 2 and go to a neighborhood, it displays fine except:
certain trees look like paper, with writing on them, and the writing
looks like the graphic command. E.g., the willow tree will be a sort of
origami version of a willow tree with the word "willow" (and other
words) written on the paper. Same with the rainbow, the birch tree, the
palm tree and one other kind of tree.

And then when we start to play (e.g. select a family and try to put it
someplace) it crashes every time, right away. We tried: reinstall, the
patch, new ATI driver, new Audigy 2 driver, closing stuff in the task
manager, running in a window, running in ME emulation mode, etcetera.

Anyone with the same problem? Any ideas?

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 22:25:18 -0800, David Hillman <dhi@cablespeed.com>
wrote:

>Pentium 3.06, 1 gig ram, lots of hd, XP Pro, ATI 9700 TX (a Dell version
>of the 9700 supposedly just slower than the real 9700 but who knows).
>When we run Sims 2 and go to a neighborhood, it displays fine except:
>certain trees look like paper, with writing on them, and the writing
>looks like the graphic command. E.g., the willow tree will be a sort of
>origami version of a willow tree with the word "willow" (and other
>words) written on the paper. Same with the rainbow, the birch tree, the
>palm tree and one other kind of tree.
>
>And then when we start to play (e.g. select a family and try to put it
>someplace) it crashes every time, right away. We tried: reinstall, the
>patch, new ATI driver, new Audigy 2 driver, closing stuff in the task
>manager, running in a window, running in ME emulation mode, etcetera.
>
>Anyone with the same problem? Any ideas?

I vaguely recall reading something like your tree problem in this
newsgroup back when Sims 2 first came out, but I don't remember any
details. Sorry.

BW

TRENDING THREADS