Outlook Express Won't Connect

Last night my e-mail wouldn't work because the pop.server
was not connected. Tonight when I logged on, it
mysteriously connected and is working fine. However, my
daughter's is not working. I talked with RoadRunner, who
tried a few things and told me it is a configuration
problem, and to call Microsoft. Here is the error
message:

The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that
you have entered the server name correctly.
Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number:
0x800CCC0D

Can you tell me how to fix this configuration? Thank
you.

Hello Paul
Open your OE go to Tools>Accounts>click the Mail Tab> click
Properties>Server Tab then make sure your POP incoming and SMPT outgoing is
correct, they usually are something like, mail.roadrunner.net(or com) for
both, but if it was working then just quit then chances are the settings are
fine. The ISP mail server could be down they will do that from time to time,
you will be able to connect to the net but the mail server will not connect,
that is an ISP problem.

--
Hope This Helps
Haus

much for your time, patience and willing to share your
knowledge. You ARE a good ole boy. Take care of
yourself. --Paul in Milwaukee