Install drivers by system32?

gfx

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
How to reinstall drivers by using c/system32 folder?Is it need to save all c/system32 folder or only c/system32/drivers folder and c/system32/"other driver files"?

Check what driver files the hardware uses. You can find the files it needs by looking at Properties, Driver, Driver Details button in Device Manager. The problem with doing it your way, is that the .ini file that is needed to load the dirvers properly is usually not in that System32\Drivers directory. Only the .sys files of the actual driver is. You need the .ini file to explain to Windows where the files are and the proper registry entries for things.

Doing things manually is not the best solution here for you.

gfx

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
Ok, i'm going to save these files in CD then reformat computer.Where can i find the .ini file?Can you tell me about it more?If i reformat the PC then the .ini file will originate again?

gfx

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
I searched for LAN driver but couldn't find...I found some sites but download window don't appearing :http://www.downv.com/Windows/install-3Com-EtherLink-XL-10-100-PCI-TX-NIC-3C905B-TX-10021432.htm