Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Corsair Memory Question

Last response: in Overclocking
March 18, 2010 1:10:36 PM

Hello, I just wanted to ask a question since I'm building a new rig. I've recently purchased an 8GB set of Corsair memory... ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... ) by mistake since I didn't know that the x58 motherboards only run tripple channel. So my question is should I just sell the corsair and get a new type of memory? or would it be possible for me to just use 3 of the sticks and run it in tripple channel? ..... thanks in advance!!! :hello: 
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
March 18, 2010 1:52:07 PM

Yes, It should be possible.
m
l

Best solution

a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
March 18, 2010 1:59:56 PM

a few choices - you could run all of them in dual channel (since the actual throughput difference is not that noticeable) or run 3 of the modules in triple channel and sell the remaining 1 or as you said or sell the kit and buy a new kit for triple channel.

I'd probably try the 3 first and benchmark triple channel performance and then add the 4th module and rerun the benches to see if there was a noticeable difference while running dual channel and decide from there which alternative was best !
Related resources
March 18, 2010 7:23:38 PM

yeah I think im going to try three of them first and then try to add the fourth one and see if it works... thanks!
m
l
March 19, 2010 4:12:42 AM

Best answer selected by mike52bk.
m
l
!