Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Core i5 750 Voltage Settings?

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
March 18, 2010 1:50:39 PM

Hi, I recently overclocked my i5 750 to 3.16GHz, using the Intel Stock Cooler. (Crazy isn't it? I m going to buy the Corsair H50).
Now this my OC settings:
-BLCK X CPU ratio = 158X20=3.16GHz
-QPI Link Speed = 5.68GHz
-VCore= 1.168V
-QPI/Vtt= 1.10V (Auto)
-PCH= 1.05V (Auto)
-PLL=1.80V (Auto)

Alright, I m so afraid that my OC Voltage and BLCK has done wrong. So can everyone tell me that what I done is right?
Thanks in advance!
March 19, 2010 12:21:19 AM

Haven't done all my reading, but your QPI Link Speed seems high :S
mine is stock but the QPI is at 2407.5Mhz.
Got vcore at 1.10v at stock (tried 1.00 (went greedy) but it bsod'd as soon as i opened firefox)
m
0
l
March 19, 2010 12:36:52 AM

So I have to lower it to...
m
0
l
Related resources
March 19, 2010 1:00:27 AM

like i said haven't done much reading but comparing it to mine it seems to extreme.
But then again maybe you should wait for someone wiser, or lower it untill someone tells you that it's safe, just to be on the safe side.
m
0
l
March 19, 2010 6:46:52 AM

lkn118 said:
Hi, I recently overclocked my i5 750 to 3.16GHz, using the Intel Stock Cooler. (Crazy isn't it? I m going to buy the Corsair H50).
Now this my OC settings:
-BLCK X CPU ratio = 158X20=3.16GHz
-QPI Link Speed = 5.68GHz
-VCore= 1.168V
-QPI/Vtt= 1.10V (Auto)
-PCH= 1.05V (Auto)
-PLL=1.80V (Auto)

Alright, I m so afraid that my OC Voltage and BLCK has done wrong. So can everyone tell me that what I done is right?
Thanks in advance!


Yeah your QPI does seem a tad high for such a small overclock.
I'm using an i5 750 as well and i have mine overclocked to 3.4 (QPI is 3060MHz) using only frequencies.
You dont need to touch voltages untill you want to get to 3.6 or over (on a 750 that is)

So id recommend putting the voltages back and just taking up the frequency.

also no need to worry about cooling for a while, my 3.4 overclock is on stock, temps at 40 and doesnt go over 80 on Prime95.
m
0
l
March 19, 2010 6:55:06 AM

JFuss said:
Yeah your QPI does seem a tad high for such a small overclock.
I'm using an i5 750 as well and i have mine overclocked to 3.4 (QPI is 3060MHz) using only frequencies.
You dont need to touch voltages untill you want to get to 3.6 or over (on a 750 that is)

So id recommend putting the voltages back and just taking up the frequency.

also no need to worry about cooling for a while, my 3.4 overclock is on stock, temps at 40 and doesnt go over 80 on Prime95.

Conclusion:
Yes, so I can set to 3.4 and keep the voltage at 1.168V right?
And the QPI set to 3.06GHz?
The other voltages like Vtt blablabla juz leave it at auto and just ignore it right? If not can you give me your voltages?
Thanks
m
0
l
March 19, 2010 1:04:01 PM

lkn118 said:
Conclusion:
Yes, so I can set to 3.4 and keep the voltage at 1.168V right?
And the QPI set to 3.06GHz?
The other voltages like Vtt blablabla juz leave it at auto and just ignore it right? If not can you give me your voltages?
Thanks


"Yes, so I can set to 3.4 and keep the voltage at 1.168V right?" ----- If 1.168V is your default voltage then yes leave it at that, if not set it back to what ever it was when you bought it.

"And the QPI set to 3.06GHz?" ----------This will change by itself when you overclock, I dont even think you can change it.

"The other voltages like Vtt blablabla juz leave it at auto and just ignore it right? If not can you give me your voltages?"---- once again there's no need to touch voltages on small overclocks like this.

So basically have all the settings at what they were when you bought the CPU then change the Bus speed.

hope this made sense, tell me how it goes or if anymore questions needed just ask.
m
0
l
March 19, 2010 1:42:26 PM

JFuss said:
"Yes, so I can set to 3.4 and keep the voltage at 1.168V right?" ----- If 1.168V is your default voltage then yes leave it at that, if not set it back to what ever it was when you bought it.

"And the QPI set to 3.06GHz?" ----------This will change by itself when you overclock, I dont even think you can change it.

"The other voltages like Vtt blablabla juz leave it at auto and just ignore it right? If not can you give me your voltages?"---- once again there's no need to touch voltages on small overclocks like this.

So basically have all the settings at what they were when you bought the CPU then change the Bus speed.

hope this made sense, tell me how it goes or if anymore questions needed just ask.

The VCore is custom tuned. The stock Voltage is 1.25V at 2.8GHz. Its way too high. I lower it down to 1.168V and the temp went down. Maybe I will try for 3.4 and tune up the voltage abit. Thanks for your generous help!
m
0
l
!