Why wont my pc sleep?

jimmiekain

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2008
built a nice lil system running vista x32 service pack 1... everything is great but i dont like shutting my pc down when its not in use and it takes too long to wake up from hibernation so i like to put it to sleep. Problem is have a zalman cooler and when i put the pc to sleep its not going to sleep all the way. the cooler stays on full blast and so does the case fan and power supply. I'm pretty sure its not the cooler because i had the same cooler in my other pc and didnt have this problem?

Can someone offer a solution?

I kinda dislike sleep/hibernate funcions, so I'm not very sure about your issue. If I got it right, your PC does the "sleep" thing correctly except for the fans. If so, maybe your fan config on the BIOS is set not to slow down. Going sleeping leaves your machine idle, but doesn't turn it off, right? maybe set your fans to throttle down at a higher temp.

jimmiekain

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2008

correct! it does the sleep thing correctly, but the fans stay on. I went to the bios and see only one thing that could mean fans. It says "sys fan1 control" its set at 100% right now and can go to various other %'s. Is that what I need to change? and what should i put it on?