Your question

Dont no what

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
December 10, 2008 11:51:54 AM

well guys i am really stuck here.

i have a packard bell imedia 1559 pc

and i am after a new graphics card that will run in my pc giving me better video quality and overall better colour aswell.

CPU-Z 1.49 report file
Processor(s)
Number of processors 1
Number of cores 2 per processor
Number of threads 2 per processor
Name Intel Pentium D 820
Code Name SmithField
Specification Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz
Package Socket 775 LGA
Family/Model/Stepping F.4.7
Extended Family/Model F.4
Core Stepping B0
Technology 90 nm
Core Speed 2793.1 MHz
Multiplier x Bus speed 14.0 x 199.5 MHz
Rated Bus speed 798.0 MHz
Stock frequency 2800 MHz
Instruction sets MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, EM64T
L1 Data cache (per processor) 2 x 16 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size
Trace cache (per processor) 2 x 12 Kuops, 8-way set associative
L2 cache (per processor) 2 x 1024 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size
Chipset & Memory
Northbridge ATI RS400/RC400/RC410 rev. 01
Southbridge ATI SB400 rev. 80
Graphic Interface PCI-Express
PCI-E Link Width x16
PCI-E Max Link Width x16
Memory Type DDR2
Memory Size 4096 MBytes
Memory Frequency 266.5 MHz ()
CAS# Latency (tCL) 4.0 clocks
RAS# to CAS# (tRCD) 4 clocks
RAS# Precharge (tRP) 4 clocks
Cycle Time (tRAS) 12 clocks
System
System Manufacturer NEC COMPUTERS INTERNATIONAL
System Name GA-8TRC410M-NF
System S/N
Mainboard Vendor NEC COMPUTERS INTERNATIONAL
Mainboard Model GA-8TRC410M-NF
BIOS Vendor Phoenix Technologies, LTD
BIOS Version 20R
BIOS Date 09/08/2006
Memory SPD
Module 1 DDR2, PC2-4300 (266 MHz), 2048 MBytes, Micron Technology
Module 2 DDR2, PC2-4300 (266 MHz), 2048 MBytes, Micron Technology
Software
Windows Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)
DirectX Version 9.0c

here are my pc specs

* PCIe PCI Express
* Dual 400 MHz RAMDAC
* 350 MHz Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)
* 275 MHz memory clock

1.2 Graphics Chip

* 16 parallel rendering pipelines
* 6 parallel geometry engines
* 32-bit GDDR3 memory interface
* PCIe support

The motherboard should be the same Rio (GA-8TRC410MNF-RH) Motherboard even if the model is different.
It should have four motherboard slots.
1x PCI Express 16X
1x PCI Express 1X
2x PCI

and these are the websites i would liek to get stuff of or even different 1 guys if u can reccomend god stuff

www.ebuyer.com/

www.dabs.com/

www.amazon.co.uk

or any other websites will be great aswell

(system mother board below)
* 4 GB system memory

Expansion Slots

* 1x PCI Express 16X
* 1x PCI Express 1X
* 2x PCI

IDE (HDD, ODD)

* 4 x SATA connectors
* 1 x Ultra ATA-133 connector

hope u can finfd me more info guys and more graphics cards.

and here is total spec of pc http://support.packardbell.com/uk/item/index.php?pn=PB34315104&g=1400

please advice me on what card guys and im looking to spend upto £60 guys and prefer hdmi or dvi to hdmi

More about : dont

December 10, 2008 11:58:34 AM

I would go with something like the ATI HD4670 or the 9600GT from Nvidia. It also depends on your PSU. Around 400W should cover any of those two cards and any card higher than these two would bottleneck your system, IMO.
a b U Graphics card
December 10, 2008 12:05:53 PM

If you can find a Palit 4670, I think it has 3-4 different types of connectors so you might not even need an adapter.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
December 10, 2008 12:06:11 PM

so would them cards wwork fine in my pc cos only av enough coin for graphics cards
a c 198 U Graphics card
December 10, 2008 12:06:26 PM

If typical of other Slackard-Hell PCs I've seen, the PSU will be undersized. You may be limited to an ATI HD4670. That's not a bad card; it seems unlikely you're trying to play the latest games on high settings on high resolution, so for movies, video, and older games I think you'll be happy.
a b U Graphics card
December 10, 2008 12:07:35 PM

Your motherboard has a PCIe X16 slot available, so you have many options.
About the only thing we need to know now is what is your PSU rated?
I believe that it is only 250watt, which is very low.
What do you mean by better video quality? "better quality and color" may simply mean you need a new monitor. If it is speed you are looking for, then a new GPU may be helpful, but that PSU is not going to run a very powerful video card.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
December 10, 2008 12:10:56 PM

need a new monitor lol u crazy i am using this as my monitor

* HD 1080i
* Built-in Digital TV Tuner
* 10000 : 1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
* DNIe + Image Technology
* SRS Trusurround Sound

and its mainly videos and the odd game
a c 130 U Graphics card
December 10, 2008 12:21:29 PM

I would agree with the 4670 it dosent need any extra power to run and if you have the standard 17" Monitor that usually comes with that type of system then it will easilly run most games at a very good detail and quality level.
This fits the bill http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX...(PCI-Express)%20-%20Retail

Mactronix
a c 130 U Graphics card
December 10, 2008 12:22:56 PM

OK forget the bit about the monitor :lol: 

Mactronix
a b U Graphics card
December 10, 2008 12:23:45 PM

Quote:
need a new monitor lol u crazy i am using this as my monitor

* HD 1080i
* Built-in Digital TV Tuner
* 10000 : 1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
* DNIe + Image Technology
* SRS Trusurround Sound

and its mainly videos and the odd game

Crazy? Well if you would have posted what your monitor was in the first place........... :pfff: 
Guess that's what I get for trying to be helpful....hope it all works out for you.
Gaming on a Packard Bell :sarcastic: 
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
December 10, 2008 12:31:25 PM

have u not read the rest of the posts its not for gaming its for videos and an ocasional game.

i just want gd hd quality that wont stutter sometimes
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
December 10, 2008 12:33:36 PM

i have a PSU FSP250-60GEN 250W?
December 10, 2008 12:45:21 PM

From what I have read, the D 820 consumes more power than almost any processor. I'm surprised it works right now.....Your PSU will not allow the best video cards. Just order a new one with the video card. Do a search and you'll find plenty of info on that. Maybe think about a Core 2 unit also. That processor won't do justice with a top notch video card.

Did you think about a new computer? :D 
December 10, 2008 12:52:12 PM

Fawcett, you are at the point that so many of us have found ourselves. That is whether to put new fresh money into an old system or start over with a clean fresh group of components and a new system. As stated above several good options were given for a new VC as well as the probable requirements. Consider poking around on one of the big etailer sites for a new system. You may be perfectly happy with just this upgrade and if you are we all support that and are happy for you. However some of the new stuff is really terrific and you might be amazed at what a difference a new Intel or AMD 2 or 4 core system is compared to what you have now. Take a look at some of the new build threads here on the forums. There are recommendations at just about every price point. As well as builder articles around this and other tech sites.

A couple of benchmark links to give you a compairson of systems. Your CPU is included.

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/cpu-charts-2008-q1-2...

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
December 10, 2008 1:02:43 PM

topper743 said:
Fawcett, you are at the point that so many of us have found ourselves. That is whether to put new fresh money into an old system or start over with a clean fresh group of components and a new system. As stated above several good options were given for a new VC as well as the probable requirements. Consider poking around on one of the big etailer sites for a new system. You may be perfectly happy with just this upgrade and if you are we all support that and are happy for you. However some of the new stuff is really terrific and you might be amazed at what a difference a new Intel or AMD 2 or 4 core system is compared to what you have now. Take a look at some of the new build threads here on the forums. There are recommendations at just about every price point. As well as builder articles around this and other tech sites.

A couple of benchmark links to give you a compairson of systems. Your CPU is included.

right i have just upgraded me memory on me pc and i have 4gb and now all i want is a conpatible working graphics card for my pc untill i get enough money for new pc .

saving up money over next couple of months
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
December 11, 2008 9:28:12 AM

can u guys not hink of any more please

i am gunna purchase 1 today if you can
!