Sign in with
Your question

Striker II NSE Secondary SATA hard Drive

Last response: in Motherboards
March 17, 2009 2:01:07 PM

I have the Striker II NSE and have two SATA 500GB 7200RPM Barracuda hard drives stripped (Sata 1 & 2) for my main hard drive. I just bought a SATA 1TB 7200RPM Barracuda and plugged it in (Sata 3). In Device Manager it recognizes the 1TB hard drive but won’t show it in My Computer. Is there a Setting I am missing? I am Running windows vista 64-bit. I have tried making the 1TB a new RAID setting, another SATA connection, and tried updating Bios. Any advice on how to get it to show C: Drive as RAID 0 (two 500GB) and D: Drive my 1TB Hard Drive in Windows? I want to use it as Storage.
March 17, 2009 3:30:16 PM

Spike_916 said:
I have the Striker II NSE and have two SATA 500GB 7200RPM Barracuda hard drives stripped (Sata 1 & 2) for my main hard drive. I just bought a SATA 1TB 7200RPM Barracuda and plugged it in (Sata 3). In Device Manager it recognizes the 1TB hard drive but won’t show it in My Computer. Is there a Setting I am missing? I am Running windows vista 64-bit. I have tried making the 1TB a new RAID setting, another SATA connection, and tried updating Bios. Any advice on how to get it to show C: Drive as RAID 0 (two 500GB) and D: Drive my 1TB Hard Drive in Windows? I want to use it as Storage.

did you go into disk management and format the new drive? you need to do this before it will show in my computer
March 17, 2009 3:34:49 PM

Ok, I didn't check if it was in disk management. I do remember I went in disk management and saw the 2 stripped 500Gb drives and the DVD-DL Burners. I will try that tonight just to make sure that is correct. Worst case senario is it doesn't show up there, then what?
Related resources
March 17, 2009 3:36:40 PM

it will show up, the exact same thing happened to me... windows will not see the drive until its formatted
March 17, 2009 3:41:16 PM

Ok awesome, now I still need to get a floppy drive so I can dual boot it lol.
!