Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Experience with Hard Drive Recovery Companies

Last response: in Storage
April 22, 2010 7:10:28 AM

Hello,
My Hard Drive started clicking and before I could get it backed up it stopped working. PC asks for a boot disk, the sata drive is not recognized at bootup. All I need is my outlook data. Does anyone hae experience with a recovery company or any ideas I can try myself? Not worth $1000

Thanks. lp
April 22, 2010 7:44:42 AM

Hi Parkslw,
Iomega gives the best From of affordable hard drive & laptop recovery to advanced on-site server & RAID array recovery, Iomega Data Recovery has 30 years of experience recovering files from all types of data loss, no matter how complex. Free evaluation, guaranteed data recovery, 100% secure & confidential, ISO certified. You can try this. Its really worth going for iomega.

thanks and regards
portable hard drives
Score
a b G Storage
April 22, 2010 1:08:17 PM

andrewkevin1 said:
Hi Parkslw,
Iomega gives the best From of affordable hard drive & laptop recovery to advanced on-site server & RAID array recovery, Iomega Data Recovery has 30 years of experience recovering files from all types of data loss, no matter how complex. Free evaluation, guaranteed data recovery, 100% secure & confidential, ISO certified. You can try this. Its really worth going for iomega.

thanks and regards
portable hard drives

Spoken like a true salesman who just finished his first Iomega Boot Camp Training Seminar, good job!

But to parkslw, I have never heard of anyone using Iomega's recovery service, but it is worth giving them a try. They are at least a large reputable company. What have you got to lose? Let us know about your experience. I am curious what they charge, and just how good they are.
Score
Related resources
May 5, 2010 7:05:51 AM

Tried Iomega. Even though they could not recover any data I was satisfied with their response. Upon submission of my online report I received a phone call. The staff left a detailed message with estimated fees (from $750 to $3000). The day they received my drive they called. They told me the data was not recoverable. They offered to ship the drive back for $20 or dispose of it for me securely (free).

I was disapointed they could not recover any of my data, but the drive did sound pretty gnarley!
Score
a b G Storage
May 5, 2010 1:06:34 PM

parkslw said:
Tried Iomega. Even though they could not recover any data I was satisfied with their response. Upon submission of my online report I received a phone call. The staff left a detailed message with estimated fees (from $750 to $3000). The day they received my drive they called. They told me the data was not recoverable. They offered to ship the drive back for $20 or dispose of it for me securely (free).

I was disapointed they could not recover any of my data, but the drive did sound pretty gnarley!

This sounds to me like a complete rip-off situation, even though they may have sounded sincere, and let me explain what I deduct from reading between the lines.
They are merely trying to use recovery software, that you can download/buy run yourself for around $30, and then charge an outrageous amount of money for a fairly simple procedure that really does not take a lot of skill or know-how when compared to what a top notch recovery service would be able to accomplish.
It they were a "good" drive recovery service, all they need is the platters inside the drive, it does not matter what condition the drive is in, as long as the platters have not been completely destroyed any reputable drive recovery service should be able to take the drive apart, retrieve the platters, and get your data back. (Unless the drive was somehow completely wiped blank, or overwritten, but even then, a reputable service would STILL be able to get some or even most of the data back)
This is information I wanted to hear, thank you very much for posting it.
Scratch Iomega off my list.
Score
August 5, 2013 7:03:41 AM

parkslw said:
Hello,
My Hard Drive started clicking and before I could get it backed up it stopped working. PC asks for a boot disk, the sata drive is not recognized at bootup. All I need is my outlook data. Does anyone hae experience with a recovery company or any ideas I can try myself? Not worth $1000

Thanks. lp

If you want the best, check out http://www.imperative.co.za/

Score
a b G Storage
August 5, 2013 7:27:38 AM

Bruce Ungersbock said:
parkslw said:
Hello,

Thanks. lp

If you want the best, check out http://www.imperative.co.za/

While its always good to have another resource, you do realize you are posting in a thread that is over 3 years old?
Score
January 11, 2014 5:50:21 PM

I think those data recovery company really overcharged. Does it really cost them that much? I doubt so.
Score
a b G Storage
January 11, 2014 5:57:49 PM

Of course it does not "cost" them that much, but what it's worth is a much different thing. The equipment, the expertise, and of course, whats the data on the drive worth to someone? Thats what drives the cost.
Score
!