pleese help me... chose my graphic card

sapik

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2008
hiii all...

My pc does not have graphic card. I'm wanting to buy a graphics card for my pc but i need some technical advice please.Could someone tell me is what graphic card is compatible with my motherboard? My motherboard is Gigabyte G31M-S2L ,processor is intel pentium dual core E2200 @ 2.20 Ghz, ram is 1 GB. I havent a clue what i should be looking for when looking at compatibility of graphics cards with motherboards so any advice would be greatly appreciated! Also, should i be looking for as much in built memory on the graphics card as possible..

LordOfTheGeeks

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2008
ok.... where to begin , first good news you mobo supports pcie so your choice is quite large, second the power out put of your power supply plays a large part in your choice as well as what you do with your pc(gaming, HD video, internet ext) and finally the amount of onboard ram doesnt matter as much as it did years ago. Any thing above 256mb is fine unless you plan to game at high res then 512mb+ is recommended. if you post your power supply wattage and model aswell as what u use your pc for i can give you some specific cards to look for

sapik

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2008
ok...
my power is unbranded one..
it is CEMO power supply model: ATX-500W-24P
it's max output is 483W
i want use my pc for gaming
is that need me to change my power supply?

LordOfTheGeeks

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2008
ummm i have some bad news your rig is a realy poor choice for gaming any card you get that is capable for gaming will be bottle necked (slowed down) by you processor and memory. Your power supply wattage will be good for most mid-high end cards but due to fact that its a no brand psu it will most likely not have the required amperage on the 12volt to run a high end card.

Sorry to say this but u need a new pc if you plan to do any kind of desint gaming, atleast a core 2 duo e6xxx cpu 2.6ghz + and minamal 2+ gb ram and a brand name power supply with atleast 600w + and 20+ amp and a 9800gt video card or a 260gtx for more performance.

one final thing is maybe get a 9500gt if you do want a descreet card but not really for gaming