mokuj1m

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
anyone know whats the normal idle temp of E7300 @ stock speed, mine is reach 50+ C even at idle.
is this normal? cos i think its a bit hotter that it should be.

im considering to change the stock fan, n gonna OC to 3,2 ghz. what cooler do u guys suggest the best for E7300 oc @3,2 ghz ? my budget is under $50 btw im considering to get cooler master Hyper TX-2 or xigmatek HDT-963

renegeek

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2008

im not sure what temp it should be, but that seems a bit high... may want to check your heat sink, & gup. it may have too much, or to little... hope this helps.

The Intel heatsink should read lower than 50c. Either the heatsink isn't installed correctly, or the software monitoring the temps if off. I used coretemp, and it was 10-15c higher than the bios reading. When your temp is 50c, reboot quickly and check the temp in the hardware monitoring section of the bios. I would also be sure the heatsink you select will mount on the board, and not have any interferance from the capacitors around the cpu area, or the power supply if it's near the cpu. Any number of large heatsinks will work fine. I use fingernail polish remover to remove any leftover pad material on the cpu, then a single edge razor blade to form the thinnest possible layer of thermal paste on the cpu. Too much is worse than not enough.

mi1ez

Splendid
That's far too high for idle speeds. It's more than just the fact that it's the standard HSF, it must be badly fitted. check all the pins are in and you have no corner of the HSF looking higher than the rest.

mokuj1m

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
i think everything is fit correctly, i mean the lowest temp when idle is 45-46C. but sometimes when i used for browsing or office it reach 50C n sometimes over (~52C)

what do u guys think bout this? anyway maybe i'm gonna change the cooler for OC the cpu, from 2 coolers that i've said above which one is better?