Your question
Closed

HOW TO INCREASE BUFFER SIZE ON A PC

Last response: in Windows XP
April 20, 2011 1:39:24 AM

HELLO,

HOW DO I INCREASE BUFFER SIZE ON MY PC?
I HAVE AN HP DESKTOP MEDIA CENTER, m7250n
THE OS IS XP SERVICE PK 3, 2GB OF RAM HD250.

THANKS

More about : increase buffer size

Best solution

April 21, 2011 11:58:50 AM

Go to control panel, system, advanced tab. Click settings under the first Performance section, then advanced tab again and Change. Click Custom Size and set your own size, do not set lower than recommended, some applications will complain or stop working. 2GB RAM is plenty fast for XP but I don't know what you're running, normally you shouldn't need to increase size with that setup.
a b α HP
April 21, 2011 2:09:18 PM

What do you mean by "buffer size"? That term is not normally used with a PC but rather individual chips and hardware parts. Do you mean Virtual Memory? RAM? You getting some sort of error?

It sounds like you are asking the wrong question to something.
Score
Related resources
April 21, 2011 8:26:00 PM

Best answer selected by ellsworth77.
Score
April 22, 2012 6:09:35 AM

927976,3,601647 said:
What do you mean by "buffer size"? That term is not normally used with a PC but rather individual chips and hardware parts. Do you mean Virtual Memory? RAM? You getting some sort of error?

It sounds like you are asking the wrong question to something.[/quote

"Buffer" is used with PCs. It has to do with how much data is downloading at a certain rate. Slow Buffer rates stop video from playing until the buffer rate catches up.
Score
December 12, 2012 2:45:03 PM

"Buffer" is used with PCs. It has to do with how much data is downloading at a certain rate. Slow Buffer rates stop video from playing until the buffer rate catches up."

So do you know how I can increase this buffer rate on my laptop? (win 7) thanks
Score
!