Dual 5770's in Xfire
1000w PSU
6GB KIT GSKILL Ripjaws 1600mhz
1TB Spinpoint HDD

More about : wha cpu cooler

a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
March 19, 2010 6:18:48 AM

Here is a link to a recent Tom's Hardware article with useful information about 10 popular cpu heatsinks:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/lga-1156-heatsink,2...

I know the article states Intel LGA 1156 heatsinks but just about all of them are also compatible with Intel LGA 1366 cpu's

Here is a link to a very good web site with more useful information about cpu heatsinks that will help you make an informed decision:

http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm

You can use the Google embedded search feature at the web site to find more information about heatsinks for specific cpu sockets.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
March 21, 2010 9:18:20 AM

ended up buying a gigabyte x58a ud7 and what an impressive motherboard with the cooling provided when i saw it i had to have it. Got home installed it ran the cabling and am just waiting on my cpu and ram to arrive to put it in.
My question is if i buy a Xigmatek Dark Knight will i have to remove the motherboard to mount it???
this is what i am thinking about buying as im opting for a quiet cpu cooler
if your thinking this is expensive i am in Australia
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...
a c 198 K Overclocking
a c 173 à CPUs
March 21, 2010 9:40:58 AM

Unless you have a cutout in the motherboard tray below the CPU socket, you will need to remove the motherboard.

March 21, 2010 12:55:45 PM

cooler master hyper 212 plus. about $30. alot cheaper than other alternatives and amazing.
April 7, 2010 9:45:09 AM

ended up buying a xigmatek dark knight impressive cooler and cutting out a few holes in the mobo tray i have to say it was worth it how little cables are visible now that i ahve them all sleeved. also my cpu sits at 35c and 43C when playing crysis. Then couldnt help myself buying a thors hammer as it was at an unbelievable price with two 120mm fans included am going to install it next week
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
April 7, 2010 10:03:04 AM

Frostytech actually rated the Thor's Hammer worse than the Dark Knight... Of course, they also used a single 1300rpm Scythe fan on the Thor's Hammer cause it didn't used to come with a fan at all.

I'm interested in the outcome. Though, I tend to think the 3 extra heatpipes are too high on the base to have any effect other than blocking airflow through the fins... I dunno. That cooler has always confused me :) 
April 7, 2010 10:10:51 AM

im sure the extra fan on the back end will make a difference. My old man has it running in his I7 860 and it runs consistantly alot cooler than mine