X-Fi Gamer Xtreme + GA- P35 -DS3L

Thequestioner

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2007
Hey, I've just installed my Creative Soundblaster X-Fi xtreme gamer sound card on the above stated mobo, and low and behold the centre/subwoofer port isn't working. When the setup is supposed to announce 'Front Centre' (for positioning) nothing happens. Then, when it gets to subwoofer part of the set up wizard I get some fuzz out of the sub AND out of the centre speaker. The speakers are logitech Z-5300s. The funny thing is, this is my second sound card of the same make, I just RMA'ed my last one because of the same problem. The speakers are working fine (i can plug them into my mobo without issue and get them all to work), and I tried the other PCI slots. WTF?

SUMMARY
-centre/sub port not working properly
-sound comes out of centre speaker when doing sub woofer test
-driver is ver 2.18
-gigabye GA-p35-DS3L mobo
-2nd card with same problem as last card (if it is the fault of the card)

Thank you, any help is really appreciated.

kratos401

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
i had some problems with my logitech g51 speakers and my xtremegamer fat4lty card. make sure all the other ports are working fine first if all including mic. the way i solved mine was just to test and keep rearranging until i got it to work. i looked at the diagram of what port should be what on the creative page and on the logitech page and neither helped just changing them around is what got it in the end. i think starting from the big multipin port (cant think of hte name atm) i have orange, black, green, pink. and have you made sure you windows default is set to 5 speakers and that the creative is set to 5 speakers as well. i dont think it would cause a problem but just to be sure

iioxfate

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006
i had the same issue, close to a year back.. it seems to be the new drivers. if you have the drivers from CD, and reinstall everything from CD, it should work. for some reason with creative, new drivers always breaks it, i'm sure close to everyone knows creative "if its not broken, dont fix it"

Thequestioner

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2007
Thanks for the reply, but the thing is that even with the old drivers it wasn't working. I tried the mic port and it's kaput so iunno.