Need feedback on first OC

creamsoda

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
New to OC'ing, but have done countless hours of research. Just looking for a little feedback on my first OC.

Here's my system basics:

Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P mobo
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE CPU
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 Memory
Diamond ATI Radeon 5850 GPU
Sunbeamtech Core Contact Freezer (120mm fan) Cooler

The CPU OC is from 3.2 Ghz up to 3.6 Ghz using only the multiplier (not interested in going any higher)
Voltage raised from 1.35 to 1.375 (increase wasn't needed for stability, but I figured a small bump couldn't hurt just to be safe).
My memory is running at 1333 instead of 1600, but with tighter timings.
I have not touched the CPU-NB multiplier or voltage.

I ran Prime 95 for a few hours with no issues.

My CPU temps with the OC are: 30C at idle, 45C at full load with Prime 95. Temps measured with AMD Overdrive and Coretemp.

Here are my questions: Would I benefit at all by raising the NB freq/voltage even though my memory isn't OC'd?

Do my temps seem OK?

Thanks for the help!

Solution
Your temps are OK. You don't need to touch the NB freq/voltage as long as there's nothing wrong with the system. Also, more voltage=more heat. If the .025 bump wasn't necessary for stability, I suggest you undo it. Aside from less heat, you also have less power consumption.

gracefully

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
Your temps are OK. You don't need to touch the NB freq/voltage as long as there's nothing wrong with the system. Also, more voltage=more heat. If the .025 bump wasn't necessary for stability, I suggest you undo it. Aside from less heat, you also have less power consumption.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS