I7 930 OC Stressing with Intel Burn Test?

senna

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
After much deliberation, I finally broke down and set up another computer using the i7 930 processor, over-clocked it to 4021.74 MHz. Speed not final. :)

I used Prime95 on my older builds but someone suggested that I should use the Intel Burn Test. The system ran temps at 34c-36c idle and 57c-60c using the burn test using a Prolimatech heatsink and push-pull fan setup.

I have run the Intel Burn Test for over 4 hours without any problems, should I be confident that my system is running stable using this program or should I still run Prime 95?

Solution
To control the temps my favorite program is Core temp. I suggest you to install it and compare the results.

But you can be tranquil for doing the daily work (is stable enough).
Another thing is to be sure that is fully stable. Sometimes the errors happen after 10h at full load..

senna

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
For monitoring temps, HW mon and Real Temp.

For the stressing, just Intelburntest v2.2 by AgentGOD (http://www.benchmarkhq.ru/english.html?/b_e.html) , aside from running PCmark a few times and a few rounds of games.

I have not noticed any issues so far with general use, movies, encoded a few videos, etc.

Henry Chinaski

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
To control the temps my favorite program is Core temp. I suggest you to install it and compare the results.

But you can be tranquil for doing the daily work (is stable enough).
Another thing is to be sure that is fully stable. Sometimes the errors happen after 10h at full load..

Solution

senna

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
That's true. In the past I have only run prime for 12 hours and ran the system from there. I will try Prime for 24 hours this weekend, better get the cooking equipment ready. :)

Well i know this thread is way old so it most likely doesn't matter now :lol: but just so you know running prime for 24 hours is not needed 20 runs Intel Burn Test and LinX if it passes both your stable trust me my best friend has been overclocking for over 7 years and hes a hardcore overclock i have also followed this for my overclocks and never has it failed me if you insist on using Prime 95 12 hours is good enough to consider it stable i know allot will disagree but for me it works and my friend to and hes been overclocking allot longer than most anyways that's my two cents take care,god bless!!