i'd say you should keep it because the 9800gt is a 8800gt, thier exectly the same, and the 9600gt is less powerful then a 9800gt which is a 8800gt. What you could do is save up for the 260gtx or get another 8800gt and run sli if your mobo supports it
If your an nvidia man wait tll the next gen of cards come out, the next ones will be reslly good.The upgrade our suggesting wont help that much.If you have to buy a card now get 4850 or 9800gtx+,To see a real diff.
i dont need to get a new card, i just figured if i could get one better then my 8800gt i would, im not going to be running sli as ive just abandoned my p5n-e sli board for that abit ip35. i think i will just wait then and use this 8800gt, which is a very good card.