ninja_goatee

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
Ok...this is my first build. Just curious to see opinions and whatnot. It will be a gaming machine only. I don't multitask well. The build started out more mild, but i got the itch once i ordered the first order and it got outta hand...newegg killed me.

It was time to upgrade anyway. My Current desktop is around 8 years old.

Vista 64 OS
E8500 E0 Stepping
GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3R Gotta good deal on it....
OCZ EliteXStream 800W PS
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB HD
Antec 300 Case
Artic Freezer 7 Pro Cooler
CORSAIR XMS2 4 Gig and $30 total after all rebates
Usual 22x DVD blah blah
Zalman fan controller
4 Scythe 120mm ULTRA KAZE
1 Scythe 140mm
EVGA GTX260 video card
22" Acer Monitor

ninja_goatee

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
Yeah the PS was crazy cheap with some other of my components. Its a bit much but I plan on keeping it for a while.

I used artic silver 5 instead of the standard heat compound. I do plan to overclock but I am not going to push it past 3.8 unless I really feel the need or become more comfortable at OC'ing. It is also in my basement so ambient temp is 60F.

The 260 is not the 216, but i had to draw the budget somewhere and i have a hard time paying more than $250 for the video card. It was like $229 after rebates and such.

My only remaining things to do is flash the latest bios. Then there are some additional parameters that i need to set up in there. There are a couple other things and I am going to play a little more w/OC'ing.

Also,
Does anybody know what part of my bill I need to send in to get my rebate? The egg only gives you the packing slips....

Thanks,
Jvo

G

That monitor kind'a sucks ass.

Acer is like the 'Wal-Mart' brand of PCs.