tartarsause

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
Hi, I recently bought a new system and I got an MSI P45 Platinum DDR 3 edition and 4GB of OCZ Platinum 1600Mhz Dual Channel RAM but currently the system won't start up and my main concern is that on the MSI website it claims that the motherboard supports up 1600Mhz for RAM but only through overclocking so now I'm not sure if the cause of my system not starting up is because my RAM's speeds are too high for my motherboard or that I just made a mistake while putting the system together.

Any help with this would really be appreciated.

tartarsause

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
Now it reaches to the bios but after saving and exiting it hangs and I set the voltages to default. And when I recently tried to start it up the board sparked and a piece of some tiny black square broke in half. It had something like 'Nikos' on it and below it had something like P45NO2LOG and I think a serail number below that or something. It was located at the top right near to the end of the board and it was next to some stuff that looked like batteries along with some black square which had 1R2.

The reason it had blown was probably because I was stupid enogh to put it on a metal base so now I'm wondering if the motherboard has any chance to start up again or that maybe it was like a fuse or something.

Abyssalx

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
yeah, you pwned your mobo..

and why did you try to use 1600mhz if the website clearly claims 1600 ONLY works through overclocking? you gotta think, man.