Network Adapters missing?

spindrift13

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
This morning or last night I may have recieved a bad update from MS. This afternoon my network connections dissapeared
and I see that my network devices (including the new ethernet adapter I installed to fix this) have a yellow icon with exclamation.
I have read a lot of forums and I already uninstalled and reinstalled the hardware and drivers. Is my mother board shot
or can this really be fixed? Is it a registry thing?

All help is appreciated

Ray

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
Well for what it's worth,,remove your NIC card uninstall the drivers and then go to WWW.MAJORGEEKS.COM and look around for a preferably free registry cleaner,AND if you have automatic updates on turn it off,most of their updates are for their own products to run well with their os,the only auto update that I am comfortable with is my anti-v,I am running xp with sp2 and no other updates...It's not so much that their update may be bad ,,I think that some ongoing setups do not work well when updated on the fly,supposed to but could,would,should,,,, NOT.. :)

spindrift13

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
I tried to find the right disk but hopefully I can find it today. I have registry mechanic somewhere so I will try that. Is it ok if I leave
the second network adapter in there for now?

will it work to fix the registry before re-installing, I will try it and get back to you.