Just a few questions. Please help.

Domepiece

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
I am about to replace my old amd xp3000+ system. (I know it is about time) I plan on going for a core i7 build similiar if not identical to the $1250 one on the main page. My questions pertain to my case. I have an old Thermatake xaser 3 and I was curious if this would be a suitable housing for the build. I plan to O/C the i7 and i believe it has ample airflow to cover the needs of the build. So can this case hold all the components ie big enough for a radeon 4870x2 and a large cpu fan? And secondly the fan controller in the case just crapped out on one side so only 2 of the 4 dials are working and possibly a few fans were damaged so should I pick up a few new fans and a controller or just grab a new case? If so, any recommendations (black would be nice the blue on this one is kinda loud)? Should have reversed the questions, but dont feel like changing it all.

Just so u know what im talking about....
http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/cases/Tt_Xaser_III/index.html

Zenthar

Distinguished
I own a Xaser 3, the only problem you might face is that you might have to completely remove the side-pannel fans with the platic "2nd pannel" holding them if you want a 120mm HSF like the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 (or similar shaped HSF). Otherwize you will be limited to a 92mm HSF.

Since you are planning to OC the i7 and the 120mm HSF are the best around, I thought you should know.