Help with ddr2 choice

Hello all new to forum. Need help with DDR 2 memory and want your advice. My motherboard is an asus 750i with 9800gt card. I have pentium core 2 duo at 3.16 with 22 inch monitor. Currently I have 4 nj of ram at 800 MHz. I want to increase to 8mb. My question is a 2 parter. What memory would you recommend at this spec. 2nd question is can I go to 1200 MHz and if so what would be the advantage in doing that. If so what 1200 ddr2 ram would you recommend. Thanks in advance for your help
11 answers Last reply
More about help ddr2 choice
  1. Well, i dont see why you would want to change ram unless you want to OC, if you OC look into 1066.
  2. I don't want to oc so what you are saying. Is stick to 800 MHz . Which are the best to buy
  3. Yea, stick with the 800mhz, theres no reason to go up to 1200 and the best quality there is for that version of bandwidth is over $200+

2x2gb of ddr2 800mhz will be just enough for your build.

which type do you have already? i dont know what 4 nj is.

If you were to "up" anything, it'd be the gpu to a gtx 260.
  4. wow fullmetall you bring up a very interesting point. I had another post on this exact same question and they told me the 9800 gt 512 was fine. I am so confused. so you think upgrading my graphics card to a 260 gtx is better for my games??? I just want to have faster frame rate in higher end games. right now my max resolution is 1680x1050. I have some c ash to spend and want to increase my gaming experience. Obviously I am not a hardcore computer guy or I wouldn't have any other questions.
  5. Whats the exact ram so i can research it for timing and what not.

Which games do you play? I can show you a review from the gtx 260 than the 9800 gt.
  6. fullmetall said:
    Whats the exact ram so i can research it for timing and what not.

Which games do you play? I can show you a review from the gtx 260 than the 9800 gt.

Sorry this is coming so late with info you requested and hope you can still help me. I opened my computer and it seems I have 4 sticks of 1 GB Ram 1rx8 PC2 made by Elpida. Which ticks me off b/c i ordered 2 sticks at 2gb each. anyway let me know what you professional opinion is. Thanks for all your help
  7. Never heard of such a ram. Depending on what games you play, still take the GTX 260 over anything.
  8. Same with ram, thats probably the lowest quality ram i've seen.

Take a look into both,

GTX 260 and for the price, get PI Black 2x2gb ddr2 800mhz.
  9. thanks for all your help.
  10. no problem
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Product