Computer no beeping no posting Help me out!

jassao

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
Hi there,

I put a new pc together 2 weeks ago, everything was working fine, and then yesterday I bought an exhaust device you put below your graphic card (I have a ati radeon 4850 x2 so it gets a bit hot) so I used the same power connector my dvd drive had, i mean the same connector was intended to supply energy to both.

Then when I tried to turn it on, it didn't beep, but all the fans were working. I removed the exhaust thing from the power connector it was and left the computer as it was minutes ago and same thing happened.

I did some testing for a couple hours and after i removed everything( monitor was connected to motherboard integrated video atm) but 1 ram stick and and reset the the bios it did beep and boot, I accessed the bios, everything was fine and then I started to put all the hardware back one by one and always worked. I tested it with a game, and after 15mins it stopped sending video to my monitor and I think it crashed since i couldn't turn it off even with the reset/on-off buttons.

Sooooooo to make the story short, sometimes it works sometimes doesnt, it crashes even on the desktop while just watching a movie or something after 15-20mins

I have an intel DG35EC mobo ( i know it's crap but i'm saving for an asus atm)
2gb x2 800mhz corsair ram
2 hdds, dont remenber the brands but they are working with my other pc.
ati radeon saphire 4850 x2 2GBs ddr3
psu is a 650 watts one
processor is a quadcore e8200 2.33ghz
Windows vista x64 ultimate
No overclock - no overheating problems.

Please tell me what else i can try to troubleshoot it

Thanks!

jassao

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
my Psu is an Agiler AGI-ps600

just came back from work and it wasnt working, i unplugged dvd drive and it worked, it just seems i do random things and then it works again.

last night it was working with my dvd drive plugged but no with a second HDD, today i put the HDD and no dvd drive and it worked again....

I'm confused..

do you thing the PSU is enough for my hardware?

MaDMagik

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
In theory it should be enough, but im struggling to find virtually any info regarding that make and model, which makes me think it may actually be some poor unit. But unless you try another one you wont really know for sure. If you can than go to minimum setup: remove the gfx card and use onboard video, leave only system hdd unplug the other and dvd drive. Than play a movie or something and see how long it goes without crashing. But like I said before, unless you try another one you wont know. And of course it can be something else, psu is just an idea. You can also download memtest86 and test your memory.

BTW: prior to that exhaust instalation you had no problems at all?

jassao

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
I think I fixed it last night, I was checking all the cables and the IDE cable (which is just a flat bunch of cables) had one of the small cables cut off, I mean you could see a small hole and see through the IDE cable. I replaced it with a new one and voila!
I even put the exhaust fan I purchased, played for 5 hrs and everything was good.

I know some of my hardware has poor quality (Psu and ram) but in this country you have a hard time looking for quality pieces, and everything is way more expensive than the US :(

Coolmaster 750watts Psu's cost like $110-125 and they've been out of stock for 2 months so hopefully I can get one in 1-2 weeks from now...

Thanks for your answers! :)