Power supply 4 this components !

ventru

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
Hello.
I want buy Hd 4870 video card and e8400 CPU.
But i want known did my 400W power supply support that,if not, ...how big power supply i need to support this components ???
Sori for my english ! :|

ventru

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
And if i connect this videocard to my PSU , he working ?? but don't working on full power??
And whats abaut this pin connectors or something like that , what i need to videocard connect with PSU ??
Sori for english :D

fullmetall

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
The 400w psu will not have enough power to supply that video card and cpu. not enough amp/volt.

to be on the save side, go with something as of a 550w-700w using the brands he picked from

If your PSU does not have enough power you will probably be able to run your system just fine at the desktop.
As soon as you start a game or any GPU intensive task however one of two things are likly to happen.

If your PSU is over volt protected, it will simply shut down.
If you have a bargain basement PSU it will probably fry and could very well damage other components.

The 4870 will require two 6 pin PCIe power connectors to run.
Most modern PSUs will have these connectors and, if not, you can use a MOLEX to PCIe power adaptor.

pcie6plus2.jpg

ventru

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
i buy this video card and i cant put him on my pc and working with this videocard ???? after1 week i can buy PSU powefuler , becouse i dont have so much money now :|
Or better wait new PSU and then put 2 components in ?

ventru

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
How big PSU i need to buy ???
Not only for video card , but if i think out buy some new procesor like e8400. !

TRENDING THREADS