Sign in with
Your question

How to overclock??

Last response: in Overclocking
March 20, 2010 1:57:24 PM

Hello..i am using athlon II 245.After reviewing some discusion on this forum,i get to know that amd 245 can be overclocked up to 3.6GHz.The problem is i had never overclocked my pc,neither the cpu nor graphic card.Can someone out there tell me how to overclock..?Is it using software or hardware..?

More about : overclock

March 20, 2010 2:09:16 PM

Read a lot. Then, enter bios, and change the parameters. Don't touch anything if you don't know what you are doing. You can easily kill your hardware...
m
l
March 20, 2010 2:11:16 PM

Any suggestion where i can read about how to overclock.
m
l
Related resources
March 21, 2010 4:35:19 AM

umar3 said:
Hello..i am using athlon II 245.After reviewing some discusion on this forum,i get to know that amd 245 can be overclocked up to 3.6GHz.The problem is i had never overclocked my pc,neither the cpu nor graphic card.Can someone out there tell me how to overclock..?Is it using software or hardware..?

You know to tell you the truth you'll probably get less speed when overclocking for the fact that the motherboard and PSU will be limiting the OC CPU. The fact that your socket can only handle so much is going to be your major problem and the threads on the CPU will become ever more strained. I have a AMD 2 Atholon x2 @ 3.0Ghz stock and I would never try to OC it. I would probably get less FPS in Crysis by doing so. Being that its AMD also and the Atholon version its not the best idea so if you want more Ghz or a better CPU that would fit your socket on your motherboard go to newegg.com

Thanks.
m
l
March 22, 2010 1:46:54 AM

Please ignore "iholbrookv2"
I think you will get more FPS when overclocked.
Getting a better engine usually makes a car go faster right?
m
l
March 22, 2010 2:23:25 AM

not "getting" a better engine "modifying" your engine however yes. Add that turbo in there :-P
m
l
March 22, 2010 3:48:53 AM

duk3 said:
Please ignore "iholbrookv2"
I think you will get more FPS when overclocked.
Getting a better engine usually makes a car go faster right?

Yeah well try putting a turbo on a GEO METRO! The only way the motor will run is if it was meant to run that fast!
m
l
!